Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Ohv Laws?  (Read 5359 times)
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2006, 07:39:40 PM »

Hi everybody,  Smiley

I just got back from orlando today
and i was at unvirsal at both theme  parks yestday and
i went disney world yestday and last night at magic kingdom
all day yestday and did almost whole park and I just done some epcot
this morning on 3rides.I just got all season passes for 1 year to due all four parks and no blackout dates.I should be going back during mid may when starwar week happens.

I just wanna know if you have friends that ride atvs in tx and how are ohv
laws there?

Plus I'm looking decide to move fl panahandle area or somewhere over in
near gulf in tx.well my parents moving out of north florida in about 3 or 4 years from now.I know land prices are jacking up every few months,plus i know 30 or 40years from now it ain't going be no more farm land for sale
left in florida.

I haven't decide yet to move fl panahandle or somewhere on tx gulf coast somewhere if not so cold during winter months.

Plus i talk someone from tx at islands of adventure the other day about
if there sale  income tax in tx.But i have heard there  is no sale income tax  in state tx.But I know florida getting to high on land prices here.

But next year i might have check out tx and try decide or not.  Undecided

Thanks,
amhighlander  Cool
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:08:08 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »

Hey americanhighlander, Glad to see you back!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:36:06 PM »

lol wow so how bout them texas ohv laws?

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »

This from rumor i talk other day about  sale income taxes
here.

Plus lady told me she was from
tx they don't have  sale income taxes
becuase people in tx they fight  sale income  taxes and
they don't let it happen.If anybody got web link on ohv laws
in tx that will be great i can see what rules are there in tx.

Well if land prices are cheaper in tx that will be great to buy there! Smiley

Since my dad's phone company got merger last weekend.That was
sucessful news.. Cool  Now they cover 12 states here.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:10:25 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 04:39:43 PM »

I went look up on some web sites
in texas and it sound like a good atv rider state.

Well i know you can't ride all river streams there.
But only two main rivers you can ride at.

But it sounds like you can ride all dirt roads you want there
and you ride out in riding areas if have this decel sticker for 8$ year
you can ride all ohv parks all over state tx and they have alot offroad
parks there.

Well i put this two posteds i just got off web site today when was  doing some research on it.

What do you think about ohv laws in tx are they alot worse
than florida ohv laws?  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:46:36 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

Jan. 30, 2006 New Off-Highway Vehicle Decal To Fund Trail Grants AUSTIN, Texas --
 As directed by a new state law, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is starting a new Texas Off-Highway Vehicle
 (OHV) Program that requires people who buy a vehicle sold for off road use on public land in Texas to buy an annual decal.
 Decal sales revenue will fund grants to create or improve motor vehicle parks in Texas. Decals are not required for OHV use on private lands.
 For the first year of the program, the OHV decal will cost $8 and will be current from Jan. 1-Aug. 31, 2006.

After the first year, OHV decals will be good from Sep. 1 through the following Aug. 31, matching the TPWD fiscal year.
 OHV decals are now available for sale, and game wardens will begin enforcing the new rules.
 A person caught riding on public land without a decal could be issued a citation and fined.
Decals can be purchased over the phone with a credit card by calling (512) 389-8917.
Eventually, decals may be sold over the Internet and at some OHV parks and dealerships.
 The 78th Texas Legislature enacted Senate Bill 155 several years ago,
which closed all navigable stream beds in Texas,
except for some parts of the Canadian and Red Rivers, to motorized recreational vehicles.
 That law also directed TPWD to "facilitate development of sites for motor vehicle recreation other
 than protected freshwater areas." The more recent 79th Texas Legislature in 2005
 enacted Senate Bill 1311, which created the new OHV decal and program administered by the department.
 The department administers another grant program that can fund off-highway vehicle projects.
 The National Recreational Trails Fund (NRTF) is an 80-20 matching grant that requires recipients to provide an amount equal
 to 20 percent of the federal grant. Funds come from a portion of the federal gas tax generated by gasoline purchases
 to utilize off-road recreational vehicles, such as off-road motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
 A federal requirement is that 30 percent of the funds be spent on motorized recreational trail projects,
30 percent on non-motorized trail projects, with the remaining 40 percent discretionary.
 "There is a growing demand for OHV recreation areas in Texas, and most off-road enthusiasts will tell you
there are too few places for people to ride," said Steve Thompson with the TPWD Recreational
 Grants Branch in Austin. "Our agency has been directed by the legislature to provide more OHV
 opportunities. We want to do that in ways that are safe and environmentally sustainable and that maintain
 good relations with neighbors and local communities." The Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area in Northeast Texas is one example
 of an OHV venue. The Texas Motorized Trails Coalition has operated the 1,800-acre site in
 Upshur County since 2000. Facilities include showers, restrooms, an air station, pavilion, office and campsites
 with R/V hookups and electricity. News articles have  quoted local officials in nearby Gilmer  praising the
operation as safe and positive in bringing economic development to the area.
 Relatively few public parks or public lands in Texas currently allow OHV recreation. The department is compiling a list of public parks or land where OHV recreation is legal. Shown below, the list currently stands at 16 locations, but it is expected to change as
TPWD gets new information. This list of OHV legal sites is in draft form.
 The list is expected to be complete later this month will eventually be published on the department Web site.
Eisenhower State Park north of Dallas is the only state park that offers OHV recreation,
 but only in a 10-acre Mini Bike Park within the state park. TPWD wildlife management areas are not open to recreational
 trail riding; however, ATV use by people with disabilities who have an official placard or license plate is allowed for them to travel to
 and from hunting or fishing locations in WMAs. Goals of the new OHV program
 are to establish and maintain a public system of trails and other  recreational areas for off-highway vehicles,
improve existing trails and other recreational areas and foster responsible use of off-highway vehicles.
 The legislation defines "off-highway vehicle" as either (1) an all-terrain vehicle, as defined by Section 663.001
 of the Transportation Code; (2) an off-highway motorcycle; or (3) any other four-wheel drive vehicle not registered to be driven on a highway.
 The new decal is required for any OHV operating in Texas on public land or on land purchased with grant funding from TPWD.
 Parks and Public Lands in Texas Where the Texas OHV Decal Is Required Austin/Travis County:
 --Emma Long City Park (Motorcycles only) Silverton/Briscoe County: --Lake Mackenzie Recreation Area (ATV's & Motorcycles only)
 Pampa/Gray County: --McClellan National Grassland (ATV's & Motorcycles only)
 Brenham/Washington County: --US Army Corp of Engineers Lake Summerville/Rocky Creek OHV area
 (ATV's & Motorcycles only) Montgomery/Walker & Grimes Counties: --Sam Houston National Forest
(ATV's & Motorcycles only) Brownsville/Cameron County: --Boca Chica Beach (ATV's only)
 Gilmer/Upshur County: --Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area (ATV's, Motorcycles & Full Size OHV's)
 Pottsboro/Grayson County: --Eisenhower State Park
(10 acre Mini Bike Park only) Fabens/El Paso County:
 --San Felipe County Park (Dune Buggies, ATV's & Motorcycles)
 Trophy Club/Denton County: --Marshall Creek OHV Area (ATV's, Motorcycles & Full Size OHV's) Big Spring/Howard County:
 --Moss Creek Lake Recreation Area (ATV's & Motorcycles only)
 San Angelo/Tom Green County:
 --Twin Buttes Reservoir Park (ATV's & Motorcycles only)
 Lake Meredith National Recreation Area/Alibates National Monument/Moore & Potter Counties:
 --Blue Creek OHV Area (ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails).
 --Rosita OHV Area (ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails).
 Navigable Rivers: (ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails).
 --Canadian River: (Oldham, Potter, Hutchinson, Roberts, & Hemphill Counties)
 (ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails).
 --Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River: (Randall, Armstrong, and Briscoe Counties)
 (ATV's, Motorcycles, Full Size OHV's, Dune Buggies & Sand Rails).
  Media Contact: Tom Harvey, (512) 389-4453, tom.harvey@tpwd.state.tx.us

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »

Jan. 30, 2006 Crockett County Motorized Trail Grant Approved AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Parks and Wildlife
Commission on Jan. 26 approved a $1,359,500 grant to the Texas Motorized Trails Coalition,
 a not for profit organization, to acquire 3,323 acres in Crockett County for the purpose of
developing a managed off-highway vehicle recreation area.
 After hearing public testimony for and against the grant proposal, the commission voted to approve land acquisition for the project,
 with the understanding that before the site is open to the public the state agency staff would come back  to the commission for approval
 of a plan to develop and operate the motor vehicle park. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department grants staff committed to
work with all parties involved to plan site development to try to accommodate concerns of neighboring landowners.
The property is being purchased from a willing seller. Local officials and business owners -- including the local chamber of commerce
-- from nearby Ozona also are supportive.
 Several nearby property owners have voiced strong opposition. "It's important to understand that the
Texas Motorized Trails Coalition won't just buy this property and open the gate in a free-for-all," said Walt Dabney,
director of the TPWD State Parks Division, which includes the department's Recreational Grants Branch.
"They have strict rules of conduct. You have to stay on designated trails, and if your conduct is unacceptable,
 you're out of there. They pride themselves on doing a good job of managing a site, and they've demonstrated that with Barnwell Mountain."
The Texas Motorized Trails Coalition has operated the 1,800-acre Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area near Gilmer  in Upshur County
 in Northeast Texas since 2000. Facilities include showers, restrooms, an air station, pavilion, office and campsites with R/V hookups and electricity.
"The Texas Motorized Trails Coalition has a safe and successful operation near Gilmer," said John Parker,
TPW commissioner from Lufkin. "The local community there loves it, because it brings in a ton of business."
Coalition secretary and research chemist thingy Stuart told commissioners about preliminary results of a university research
 study contracted by the coalition. He said this shows that visitors to the Barnwell Mountain area in a six month period spent an
 average of about $20,000 per weekend in Upshur County and surrounding communities on lodging,
 food, supplies and other expenses. He said this is estimated to generate more than $1 million per year in out-of-county visitor spending.
 The department held two public meetings in Ozona in September and October last year
 to get community input on the proposed Crockett County project and has also done an initial natural and cultural resource survey.
 The grants program staff presented the proposal to the TPW Commission on Nov. 8.
 Because of landowner concerns expressed then, commissioners directed the staff to continue to
study the proposal and seek additional public comment. Concerns about the project include the possibility of increased traffic,
noise pollution, grass fires and erosion. The TPWD staff believes these concerns can be addressed by controlling site development
 to make sure there are adequate visual and noise buffer zones along the perimeter, plus good fences to
control traffic and prevent trespass onto neighboring land. The site includes a canyon approximately 300 feet
 below the main landscape level, and planners believe noise can be minimized if most activity takes place down in the canyon.
 The trails coalition said the property has two water wells with 20,000-gallon storage, and the group intends to
create a fire substation on site. Regarding erosion, the site contains no running streams or springs.
The project calls for silt retention structures to minimize off-site erosion run-off during storms.
 The site was chosen because of its remoteness, good paved access and low likelihood to impact natural or cultural resources.
 All necessary natural and cultural resource clearances and permits would be obtained prior to construction.
 Two recently enacted state laws are driving the creation of new off-highway vehicle recreation areas in Texas.
 The 78th Texas Legislature enacted Senate Bill 155 several years ago, which closed all navigable stream beds in Texas,
except for some parts of the Canadian and Red Rivers, to motorized recreational vehicles.
 That law also directed TPWD to "facilitate development of sites for motor vehicle recreation other than
 protected freshwater areas." The more recent 79th Texas Legislature last year enacted Senate Bill 1311,
which directed TPWD to establish and maintain a public system of trails and other recreational areas
 for use by off-highway vehicles. The National Recreational Trails Fund (NRTF) is the funding source for the Crockett County grant.
 This 80-20 matching grant program requires grant recipients to come up with an additional amount equal
 to 20 percent of the federal grant. These funds come from the federal tax generated by gasoline purchases for
 off-road recreational vehicles, such as off-road motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
 The purpose is to create and maintain motorized and non-motorized recreational trails. A federal requirement is that
30 percent of the funds be spent on motorized recreational trail projects, 30 percent on non-motorized trail projects,
 with the remaining 40 percent discretionary. ---
 On the Net: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/grants/trpa/ -30-
 [ Note: This item is more than a month old. Please take the publication date into consideration for any date references. ]
 [ Media Contact: Rob McCorkle, (512) 389-4537, robert.mccorkle@tpwd.state.tx.us ]

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:10:59 PM »

Smiley Well i just went order texas
state  travel guide book on traveltex.com
They even have salt water fishing and offroad riding in tx.

It will be here in few weeks.

I'm look somewhere between south of victoria all way down to
harlinggen or kingsville.Well i hope farm land is cheap there.
I might have to go to tx next year to check it all out.
I hope it's alot warmer then winter months there.

I know income money is higher there i was doing some research on it
on yahoo today. Smiley

here's map link..
http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/130.gif
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 09:19:30 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »

kool Grin

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 09:04:11 PM »

Smiley  I  was on web last night and checking out land prices
how they are in tx.It was south of san antonio
 area about 40miles away, for 77acers included with well
and with mineral rights for 125K that's not very bad for price on farm land over there.
But it hads oak woods type trees and lots of grass fields there.

Well i'm looking over in tx gulf coast areas
over near kingsville area later on in near future.But
i have to travel to tx next year to get idea what i'm looking at
not pushing myself way into it before it happens. Wink

I wanna move to place is so warm and not alot people up your butt.
But I do hate cold snap seasons up here in live oak area for last 10years
so far and i'm person doesn't like cold weather very much up here. Sad

I might have to decide to moved to chipley fl or south tx later on
in 3 or 4 years from now. Undecided
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:22:51 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 09:28:52 PM »

Americanhighlander. Do you speak the way you type?

I think that 125k is a good price for 77acres though.

Down here in naples, 8 years ago, you could buy 5 acres for 25grand.. Since then, prices have shot it up to around 150+

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 09:33:03 PM »

the property next to mine is bout 2.5 acrs is for sale for around 700k Shocked

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »

Americanhighlander. Do you speak the way you type?

I think that 125k is a good price for 77acres though.

Down here in naples, 8 years ago, you could buy 5 acres for 25grand.. Since then, prices have shot it up to around 150+

I do speak alot better in voice.
But i don't do alot chating on chat rooms anymore and i use to
go online dating web sites chat for while and i haven't done that
 for over 2years so far.I think it's waste of time going on dating sites
 and  too many  wacko's on there and woman try dress up like fags.Thats
why i quit doing dating web sites it's all bunch of hidden mirrors in and out.lol

I just refix one my words inclue to included
Sorry about that.check it out on reply #9
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:26:58 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 05:55:05 PM »

Hah american highlander, you are now the coolest person I know on this site, no pun intended.

823 for life!

Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »

i no this thread is old, but i just read it and... lol Lips Sealed
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 07:35:53 PM »

Cool Yeah!! it's about two weeks old
since day i came back from orlando.During may
i'm going back, when star wars week happens
at all parks at  walt disney world during mid may. Cool

Thanks, for reading my thread out   there kawasaki400racer.  Cool
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 08:47:10 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

no problem Wink
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »

Smiley Well i just went order texas
state  travel guide book on traveltex.com
They even have salt water fishing and offroad riding in tx.

It will be here in few weeks.

I'm look somewhere between south of victoria all way down to
harlinggen or kingsville.Well i hope farm land is cheap there.
I might have to go to tx next year to check it all out.
I hope it's alot warmer then winter months there.

I know income money is higher there i was doing some research on it
on yahoo today. Smiley

here's map link..
http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/130.gif

I Just, got in mail today  my,  traveltex.com travel guide
And road map is well detail huge map of texas.  Smiley  Smiley  Grin

I'm looking areas south of san antanio and between south of kingsville (area)
in near future and i have heard weather is warm during winter months. Smiley

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 04:23:14 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com