Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinson 500  (Read 4138 times)
raca65

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »

Owners looking at a 2004 what do you think of them any problems that i should know about?? Are they good in water??
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 09:50:32 AM »

bullet proof!! Wink
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:59:10 AM »

bullet proof!! Wink

I agree  Yup!

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

I agree! Mine has never left me stranded. The only problem is water in the transmission, but you can pull the drain plug, rev it up a couple times put the plug back in and your good to go.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »

I agree! Mine has never left me stranded. The only problem is water in the transmission, but you can pull the drain plug, rev it up a couple times put the plug back in and your good to go.

ARE YOU MAKIN FUN OF MY KQ?? Shocked
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »

LMAO i wasnt even thinking about that when i read his post but thats funny.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 10:58:58 AM »

haha, now that you mention it, yea!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
raca65

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 11:39:47 AM »

Are they CVT belt drivin or gears?? I heard the carburated was a problem try or not??
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »

CVT tranny with shaft driven final drive. I have never heard a problem about the carbs on the vinson's.

NPRVinson

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »

I have a manual tranny Vinson and no problems what so ever. Great quad.
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 12:00:12 PM »

Are they CVT belt drivin or gears?? I heard the carburated was a problem try or not??

You can get Auto or manuals

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
raca65

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »

This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »

This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.

You have to be doing something ignorant to make it slip Shocked I know I have done it Wink
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 03:41:47 PM »

You have to be doing something ignorant to make it slip Shocked I know I have done it Wink

Yep, it usually involves really really deep water, unless your going 45mph then it doesn't have to be real deep.

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »

Yep, it usually involves really really deep water, unless your going 45mph then it doesn't have to be real deep.
Read that carefully Scott. May stop your problems.  Wink

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 03:53:40 PM »

Read that carefully Scott. May stop your problems.  Wink

Oh ok now its clear...clear as MUD. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com