Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT- ODD EBAY listings  (Read 3865 times)

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2005, 05:20:18 PM »

Anyone ever spotted an ebay questionable listing. I have found 3 very odd listings, in semilarity that is.
All are first time sellers in different locations with almost identical wording that is not usual wording. All 0 feedback too.
I checked on ebay security, but found no exact way of bringing this to someone's attention.
The listing are set like an auction, but later read that the purchase price is" Total Price" of whatever.
They units are listed for $10.00 to $15.00 beginning bid. If you search under ATV, and sort by lowest price first you will see these "unbelievalby similar posting.
What do you think?Huh
I would ilove to have the 05 grizzley 660 with tons of stuff added on, for the low price of just $1,500.00
But would rather help bust someone who may NOT be the real owner of these quads.
Let's talk.....
Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 05:50:13 PM »

We found quads real cheap like that when we were looking. I asked shipping costs and they said it was coming from ITALY ( go figure) but the auction said it was in the USA. When I asked if it came with a title or bill of sale I got no response. Next time I looked, the auction was yanked early by the seller.
Things that make you go HMMMM.....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 05:53:07 PM »

I was just on the phone with the Toy Doctor, and he told me several stories about Italy, and Germany too. He mentioned hackers getting into other ebay accounts.
Did you see the adds, and the similarities?
wired2ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

well sometimes you can find cheap things.. my friend bought 2 atvs both under 2k and both worth 4k probaly easy

1 was a 2002 rincon nothing wrong bought from good friend only payed 1000
2 was a 2001 raptor full of aftermarket parts. it had only been flipped n needed new handle bars. got fro 1500 came with lots of extras
both of same guy. has more money from his grandmothers will * 5 mill supposedly* so yea i couldnt beleive it at first but it happened i dont know about the money part but thats what the origanal owner said and he did have a share of goodies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 06:26:14 PM »

Yeah, maybe I was reading to much into it. It wasn't the price so much, but all the similarity of the listings and the time they were listed, but all in different states.
Anyway thanks for your input.
wired2ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 04:55:16 AM »

low prices are usually a scam or there is some downside. especially in online actions. but thats juts whtat peop;e do

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 05:02:05 AM »

Right! I noticed two of the quads end abruptly with no bids, so maybe EBAY police caught a fraud in the making?Huh??
Have a great weekend, get out and ride the great outdoors (if you can)
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 09:00:26 AM »

I checked on ebay security, but found no exact way of bringing this to someone's attention.

I am one of the fellas that turns these false listing in on a regular basis. I go to the live help section on the home page and within a few minute a member of Ebay will assist you. you can also file a fraudulant listing complaint. in the My Ebay section under security link. be very careful of over seas bidding. you may be biding you money farewell.  

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 10:27:26 AM »

I had emailed one of these guys, and he wrote back that for 1500.00 he would ship the quad 2005 Yamaha loaded of course, via air freight "free" to the US from London.
I will check out that link you mentioned.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com