Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T Mark Schmidt OHV Grant  (Read 3167 times)
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:47:49 PM »

has anyone read this.   http://www.fl-dof.com/forest_recreation/20RFP%20-%20OHV%20Grant.pdf

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »

Had not read or even seen that.  Very interesting and thank you for posting it.

Now the next question is what does it all mean and who has currently applied?  It doesn't sound like the state in any way is opening any areas.  What it sounds like to me is that if a local area wants an OHV area they can apply for one.  So then how do we find out what lands are available that are state owned?  I says that no private owner can appy for this grant only state or local government.

It also says that they need alot of research which costs money to provide all the ecological studies.  The state, city, or county must already own this property as the grant does not cover the purchase of such land.  And we all know that no one is going to purchase this land for our use.  So what kind of attached acreage does the state own and where is it?  Then who do we contact to see about getting them to offer a proposal?

And where do we get info on how Croom has created income for the state funded parks across the state.  We need their financial information to offer to a local area so they can see in numbers how a park would help.

If you look at the point system it seems that neighborhood ppl not wanting an OHV park in their back yard doesn't account for much of anything compared to the other point evaluations.

Again, thanks for posting.  I'll be seeing what I can find out.
Lauren
qt314nfla

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 10:12:01 PM »

Also, it seems that if the lands are not applied for by November 2006 then they have to file for late application.  Does that mean that if no one applies that this grant dies?  Where do the rest of our funds go if this dies?

Did the government set up a loop hole so that there would be no more parks opening?
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 10:21:27 PM »

The state of florida has been allocated $726,000 for state fiscal year 2004-05, so where is the money going. Not to croom because all i can see has changed there is some fencing and a gaurd shack. Angry

novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 10:24:01 PM »

Sounds like someones pockets are getting fatter and OHV riders are getting screwed.

qt314nfla

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 10:25:37 PM »

The state of florida has been allocated $726,000 for state fiscal year 2004-05, so where is the money going. Not to croom because all i can see has changed there is some fencing and a gaurd shack. Angry

That money was allocated 2 yrs ago.  What money is available since then?  How much has been used and by whom for what?  How much more was raised in registration fees?
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 10:30:59 PM »

This is the link to the site i found the grant on.   http://www.fl-dof.com/services.html

mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 11:46:06 PM »

yeah. there were so many whoops that the gas came out of my tank with the cap on.
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »

The only new riding areas that I can see us getting in the future is land that's owned by the State.  I just don't see a County or City using land that they own to be used for ATV's even with this grant money as an incentive.  The State on the other hand owns over a hundred Wildlife Management Areas in which were only allowed to access a few of.  I believe if the State is going to open up more areas for us it will be in WMA's.  There's really no where else to put us.  FWC would be the agency that needs to apply for the grants since they control most of the WMA's.
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 05:53:31 AM »

Here is where some of the money went, again there isn't a huge amount of money to buy large chunks of land. Especially with the price of land now. This was posted under atv activist.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,8607.0.html
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 06:23:47 AM »

Here is where some of the money went, again there isn't a huge amount of money to buy large chunks of land. Especially with the price of land now. This was posted under atv activist.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,8607.0.html

It states in the grant that the money will not be used to purchase land.  It can be used on already state, city, or county owned land to renovate and make into an OHV park.  Hence, the reason I wonder if this grant had a loop hole knowing that the land would never be offered up by the cities or counties and the money never able to be used.
needforspeed

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 06:25:30 AM »

It has been said on this site before, if you were organized enough, and were a non profit club, things would probably open up for you. Then you would have a voice.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 01:52:43 PM »

It states in the grant that the money will not be used to purchase land.  It can be used on already state, city, or county owned land to renovate and make into an OHV park.  Hence, the reason I wonder if this grant had a loop hole knowing that the land would never be offered up by the cities or counties and the money never able to be used.

After reading the WHOLE thing, it looks like QT might have a point. It seems like this was put out there with he FL Gov knowing that there will NEVER be any land available.  It's like giving a kid a a pecie of candy when they want a dog, anything to shut them up.  They are doing just enough to try and keep us (the screaming red-headed step child) quiet.

Freakk

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 02:09:16 PM »

I agree that they should allow access to ATVs at WMAs. Corbitt currently allows golf carts, besides for trucks and whatever else. Why shouldn't ATVs have access? It would give us a great place to ride in west palm beach, more money to the state seeing as it already costs money to get in there, and there's nothing they need to change besides for the freeking sign out front.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com