Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: there is a rumer that sand mt and mullberry are shutting down soon  (Read 7015 times)
carmine82

« on: February 25, 2006, 09:04:55 PM »

:'(a friend of mine went to sand mt about 2 weeks ago and heard that the place never got its permits for septic and water. the inspector decided that, thats it shut it down. my friend was not sure this was true! he then went on the same day to mullberry and talked directly to the owner (who is partners with the owner of sand mt for mullbery) and asked him whats up? he confirmed the rumer and said that both tracks will shut down at some point very soon.
  is it true or just a way to get more people to the tracks for more buisness faster. i dont know what to think but it would suck if the rumer was true. Angry
what has anybody heard?
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »

I haven't heard the rumer yet but it would suck if they closed down Angry

johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 09:39:28 PM »

That would stink Mullberry is fun and cheap
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 09:41:24 PM »

That doesn't sound right at all... Why would they get shut down for septic tank permits when they both have port a potties on location. There's no water at either of those places open for the public to drink either. I think someone has started a silly rumor.

And why would the guy at Mulberry be partners w/ Dale at SandMountain. Their at different locations only 15 - 20 miles apart w/ the same days of operation. Seems to me their competing for business. Not only that but the guy at Mulberry operates that place w/ his wife, Dale has help from his Family and more. That's not much of a partnership Roll Eyes .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:47:11 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
carmine82

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:56:25 PM »

the trailer at sand mt has water and septic.the permits were never filed for and were given plenty of warning.the guy at mullberry is partners with sand mt this i know for sure.also the insurance for the tracks has gotten more expesive and the owner of sand mt does not want to pay more for some reason. all this information has been told to me by the same guy who told me about the original rumer.
once again i do not know for sure, but this is what i heard from a guy that does not lie and likes to get to the bottom of things. i hope its not true but if it is that will suck. thanks for the posts!!!!!!!
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:56:30 AM »

Weird "rumer". Cheesy

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 10:04:29 AM »

this doesnt sound right most mx tracks do not have insurance that is why you sighn a waiver when you enter

MudDobber

Always Never The Same

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

In my line of work, you cannot get power hooked up to a building or trailer without a final C/O or Final Inspection conducted by the county.  Electric companies will not hook up power without it.  I am assuming the trailer has power?  Just my $.02.

2004 Grizzly
2004 Rancher AT
2004 YFZ450
2004 Raptor 80
2004 Raptor 80
2004 507ci 15' Alumitech
2002 Jeep Wrangler
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »

dale is partners and owns half of mulberry with the guy from mulberry and mulberry is geting shut down the 1st of april

dont know about SM though.

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:32 PM »

this doesnt sound right most mx tracks do not have insurance that is why you sighn a waiver when you enter

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ok sorry

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

dale is partners and owns half of mulberry with the guy from mulberry and mulberry is geting shut down the 1st of april

dont know about SM though.
its a joke im sure Tongue
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 08:22:40 PM »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ok sorry

LMAO your kidding right tony?

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 08:24:51 PM »

It's just a rumor. Too bad that someone took this and ran w/ it b/f they found the TRUE information. Talked w/ Dale and his family today... SANDMOUNTAIN IS NOT GETTING SHUT DOWN!

01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 09:13:28 PM »

Rob and I both spoke with the SM family about this RUMOR today. And it is JUST THAT A RUMOR.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 09:23:28 PM »

sm better not shut down, i have to ride their atleast once this year!
Sandmountainspeedway.com

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »

Sand Mountain is not partners with Mulberry Dale is the owner not Don we have no ties with any other track all of our time is in Sand Mountain. Now the court date that we have is for noise a neighbor wants us closed but we are fighting it. ALL JUST RUMER feel free to stop by the office next race day and we will give the scoop.

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 09:38:59 AM by Sandmountainspeedway.com » Logged
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:48 PM »

Good news! Glad it is a rumor. I just went to Sandountain this weekend for the 1st time & it is definitely the coolest place I have EVER ridden. Now the only thing I would like to see changed is the rates to ride. A family of 4 will run you over a $100 bucks for a few hours. I dont mind the fee for a guys day out, but when the wife & 2 kids want to come, then add in about $60.00 for fuel to drive there & ride, it gets expensive, maybe SM could think about making a family price or truckload price? I would like to ride there every weekend, but cant afford it. Oh yeah, I made it up the big sand hill by the track & it was a rush like no other.  Drag raced a Suzi R450, lost by about 6ft. & rode all the tracks & jumped some verts in the front of the park behind the big hill. If you havent been to Sand Mountain, make it a plan & get there, it is the best riding spot in Florida!!!!!!
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 03:31:47 PM »

I agree on the price thing. Its no biggie to pay for myself but I have a wife and 3 children that ride too. Also the kids only want to ride for a few hours so its just not worth the $. How about a family group rate on the non race weekends? I bet it would bring in more families.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 06:53:41 PM »

Sand Mountain is not partners with Mulberry Dale is the owner not Don we have no ties with any other track all of our time is in Sand Mountain. Now the court date that we have is for noise a neighbor wants us closed but we are fighting it. ALL JUST RUMER feel free to stop by the office next race day and we will give the scoop.

Thanks

Told you guys that it didn't make any sense  Wink . Common sense is common sense. If something smells or sounds fishy... 9 times out of 10 it ain't right. There were some parts of this rumor that told me from the start it wasn't right.

As far as the family packages on the pricing... I agree w/ you guys. I'm more than sure they'll take that into consideration when they read this. Or maybe someone can start a post or PM them. Myself... I'm the only one in my family that rides. But I have a 4yr old that has been asking for a 4wheeler the last couple of months Smiley  .

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »

Sounds like something another track would start to maybe gain some business. NOBODY can offer what Sandmountain has to offer for every type of rider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com