Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE  (Read 49878 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

I was asked to send this on if I agree or delete if I don't. It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a problem in having ! "In God! We Trust" on our money and having "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the 14% to Shut Up and BE QUIET!!!

If you agree, pass this on, if not delete. .

I AGREE !!!!
the STUMP

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:55:07 PM »

me too.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:00:31 PM »

me three

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:11:05 PM »

Here is my soap box Brother, Preach!!!!
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 09:25:06 PM »

whatever your bellief is is your right . thats almost as bad as saying 50 % of the people that dont like atv's can tell everyone else they cant have one

LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »

Hell Yeah Brother PREACH IT!

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »

Why is it so important?   If it would make people shut up, then what's the big deal?   How would that being removed affect you?  These people may not put their trust in a higher power.  Why should they be forced to have on display that they do?  I really don't care either way.  But they have a reason to want it off. 

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 09:56:36 PM »

the main argument is the seperation of church and state  which i strongly believe in the chuches already have to much power as it is

WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 10:01:08 PM »

Well yea, then I have to say that I am for religious beliefs not being involved with anything in the government.  Someone needs to make it clear to Bush that his beliefs shouldn't play any part in decisions made for our country as a whole.

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 03:03:21 AM »

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!
dreth

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 06:26:21 AM »

I PLEDGE AS WELL!

If this was my web site i would Ban anyone that did not want to uphold what this country was founded on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES I SAID IT
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 06:30:35 AM »

this country was built on religion!!!!thats how it all started
and if people dont like it then LEAVE!!!!!
if you dont like my american money with IN GOD WE TRUST ON IT
dont take it, save it or spend it.move to cuba where you can have all those rights!! if you not shot  for your freedom of speech !!this is how it was and is !!!!! YOU CAN PRY MY GUN OUT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!!

what is on the steps of the supreme court?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
ANSWER THE TEN COMANDMENTS  <SP> SORRY
AND HOW OLD IS THAT BUILDING?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 06:45:18 AM »

Why is it so important?   If it would make people shut up, then what's the big deal?   How would that being removed affect you?  These people may not put their trust in a higher power.  Why should they be forced to have on display that they do?  I really don't care either way.  But they have a reason to want it off. 

dont take it, save it or spend it.move to cuba where you can have all those rights!! if you not shot  for your freedom of speech !!this is how it was and is !!!!! YOU CAN PRY MY GUN OUT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!!

what is on the steps of the supreme court?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
ANSWER THE TEN COMANDMENTS  <SP> SORRY

I sure am Glad someone said it, ya'll know how I can get with this topic.. I respect your views if you dont believe , but that is why the country is in the condition it is in, We as believers have not stood up to the minority of non-believers. The speration of Church and state when you study the topic you will find that it is being used  outside of what it was designed. You ask what the big deal is about the pledge, caution my friend for those who have served this country proudly have a little more meaning then you can realize. Wink
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:09:28 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 07:03:36 AM »

dont take it, save it or spend it.move to cuba where you can have all those rights!! if you not shot  for your freedom of speech !!this is how it was and is !!!!! YOU CAN PRY MY GUN OUT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!!

ANSWER THE TEN COMANDMENTS  <SP> SORRY

I sure am Glad someone said it, ya'll know how I can get with this topic.. I respect your views if you dont believe , but that is why the country is in the condition it is in, We as believers have not stood up to the minority of non-believers. The speration of Church and state when you study the topic you will find that it is being used  outside of what it was designed. You ask what the big deal is about the pledge, caution my friend for those who have served this country proudly have a little more meaning then you can realize. Wink

Amen  Bow

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »

You mean to tell me that because I don't worship something that there is no hard evidence of, I should be persecuted.  Yea real holy people I tell you.  While you sit around and do things that make you a hypocrite, I can live life with a clear consience.  Just some examples that I know everyone has to have done or continue to do on a regular basis. Drinking excessively, sex before marriage, masturbating, cussing, defieng the body with tattoos and cigarettes, breaking man's laws(including but not exclusive to doing 1 mph over the speed limit)! I'm sure everyone of you devotes your freetime to preaching the word of God.   I was under the impression that it was God's job to do the judging.   Eveyone needs to worry about their own accountability to the God they choose to believe in.  Like I siad before, I could care less about what the dollar bill says.  But, I do care about a bunch of hyocrites trying to say that they are better than me just because they claim to be a follower of Christ! I thought we had freedom of religion in this country, which no religion is still a form of it in my book! Or would you accept me if I said I believed in God, and his name was Satan.  Then I am one of you right?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:33:33 AM by WPBSMOKA » Logged

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »

You mean to tell me that because I don't worship something that there is no hard evidence of, I should be persecuted.  Yea real holy people I tell you.  While you sit around and do things that make you a hypocrite, I can live life with a clear consience.  Just some examples that I know everyone has to have done or continue to do on a regular basis. Drinking excessively, sex before marriage, masturbating, cussing, defieng the body with tattoos and cigarettes, breaking man's laws(including but not exclusive to doing 1 mph over the speed limit)! I'm sure everyone of you devotes your freetime to preaching the word of God.   I was under the impression that it was God's job to do the judging.   Eveyone needs to worry about their own accountability to the God they choose to believe in.  Like I siad before, I could care less about what the dollar bill says.  But, I do care about a bunch of hyocrites trying to say that they are better than me just because they claim to be a follower of Christ! I thought we had freedom of religion in this country, which no religion is still a form of it in my book! Or would you accept me if I said I believed in God, and his name was Satan.  Then I am one of you right?

Yep got to agree there are a few misguided folks there is no doubt, even christians make mistakes, GOD knows I have. but the key element with that is caled Mercy and Grace. I am not going to bash you for what you believe or dont believe
The single cause for atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door and deny him by their life style. That is what an unbelieving world finds unbelievable, personally I am charging HELL with a super soaker water cannon. but I have my faults and that is where the Grace and mercy of Jesus Christ Comes it. I would say for the sake of the discussion if you  are right then nothing is lost because if people lived life how the Bible said to live life then we would live in a perfect world or at least make this fallen world a little better place.  Because you are litterally betting your eternity that you are correct at least investigate what the Bible says with an Open Mind, I am always available if you want to talk outside of an open forum to answer questions,  I would also recomend a few books. The first is by Josh McDowell called "Evidence that demands a verdict" It is my understanding that Josh wrote it as antheist trying to disprove the Bible but through his investigations, proved himself wrong and the Word of God correct. The next one is by Lee Strobel called "The case for Christ" He too was an atheist at one time and put on trial the life of Jesus and His claim to being the only redemption of sins. It is an excellent book that is written in a very non confronting form that has tons of proof of Jesus' life and claim to being The Son of God.  Feel free to PM me if you have questions
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:36:28 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 09:52:58 AM »

I believe in the Pledge of Allegiance , I believe in all that  has made this country great , what I do not believe in is being ridiculed for not being devout to any 1 religion. You can not force Ideals on anyone and you have to respect the beliefs they have and they DO NOT have...

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
AlterEgo

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 10:04:17 AM »

I believe in separation of religion and atvflorida.com!

Oh, and that little dancing thingy on o4250's post is freaking awesome!

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
bluesman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 10:17:04 AM »

You mean to tell me that because I don't worship something that there is no hard evidence of, I should be persecuted.  Yea real holy people I tell you.  While you sit around and do things that make you a hypocrite, I can live life with a clear consience.  Just some examples that I know everyone has to have done or continue to do on a regular basis. Drinking excessively, sex before marriage, masturbating, cussing, defieng the body with tattoos and cigarettes, breaking man's laws(including but not exclusive to doing 1 mph over the speed limit)! I'm sure everyone of you devotes your freetime to preaching the word of God.   I was under the impression that it was God's job to do the judging.   Eveyone needs to worry about their own accountability to the God they choose to believe in.  Like I siad before, I could care less about what the dollar bill says.  But, I do care about a bunch of hyocrites trying to say that they are better than me just because they claim to be a follower of Christ! I thought we had freedom of religion in this country, which no religion is still a form of it in my book! Or would you accept me if I said I believed in God, and his name was Satan.  Then I am one of you right? reread what i said, i dont car what religion people are the facts are the facts this country was started from a a belief in GOD why do we have to change our views to match others??? same as when my family moved here from europe they learn the language  not try to change it to there native tounge .if you dont belive in GOD thats fine with me.but dont try to change me or how this great counrty started!!! and CHRIST IS IN CHRISTMAS!!!!! DONT LIKE IT THEN LEAVE!!!!!
Brute Force

Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 10:30:49 AM »

Bow Clapper Bow Clapper Bow Clapper Bow Clapper Bow Clapper Bow Clapper Bow Clapper Bow Bow Clapper Bow

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 11:09:50 AM »

Bluesman-got a few issues with you, 1. Bible talks about death being more important than  birth.  Do you honor Jesus memorial? Not Easter, (check spelling) but Niassun 14th. 2.  Noone trying to say they don't want anything to do with the money, they are saying stop making them obligated to say they put their trust in a higher power, or God.   3.  This country was stolen from Indians!(enough said) 4. Once again freedom of religion
Joedirt-  Respect
Chuck- Mad respect! I would never try to discourage or alter what someone believes in in anyway.  I know it was intended generally and not specifically, but I am Agnostic not Athiest.  I would be interested in reading the  books that you mentioned.  I did do a little searching for a religion that I agreed with. Decided it was in my best interest to go the spiritual route.  Which  is really just the moral aspect I guess.  But yea like I said, all for religion helping people on an individual basis.  I really view religion as therapy.  It's not the form I choose to go with.  The way you went about responding to that last reply I had well,  I was really impressed. I can tell that you are one of the true believers.  Well, I am sensing this I should say.  Even if that's not the case, you still have a freedom of religion in which you could express hypocritaically if you choose to do so.  But it's the people who claim to be holier than thou.  Like I said mad respect.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:43:23 AM by WPBSMOKA » Logged

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 11:30:45 AM »

Bluesman-got a few issues with you, 1. Bible talks about death being more important than  birth.  Do you honor Jesus memorial? Not Easter, (check spelling) but Niassun 14th. 2.  Noone trying to say they don't want anything to do with the money, they are saying stop making them obligated to say they put their trust in a higher power, or God.   4.  This country was stolen from Indians!(enough said) 5. Once again freedom of religion
Joedirt-  Respect
Chuck- Mad respect! I would never try to discourage or alter what someone believes in in anyway.  I know it was intended generally and not specifically, but I am Agnostic not Athiest.  I would be interested in reading the first book that you mentioned.  I did do a little searching for a religion that I agreed with. Decided it was in my best interest to go the spiritual route.  Which  is really just the moral aspect I guess.  But yea like I said, all for religion helping people on an individual basis.  I really view religion as therapy.  It's not the form I choose to go with.  The way you went about responding to that last reply I had well,  I was really impressed. I can tell that you are one of the true believers.  Well, I am sensing this I should say.  Even if that's not the case, you still have a freedom of religion in which you could express hypocritaically if you choose to do so.  But it's the people who claim to be holier than thou.  Like I said mad respect.

Dude you forgot #3. Just playin. I am a Christian and dont like God being taken out of everything but i will never look down upon someone because they dont believe what i do. I dont see it right that we force God upon everyone because that is the whole reason our founding fathers came to these shores. I will discuss religion with anyone and try and show them the right way but i cant force anyone to follow it. It is a personal decision between them and God.

WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »

Haha! Boy I read over that several times before posting too. I deleted an issue that probably would have confused everyone.  Going to correct it.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:42:58 AM by WPBSMOKA » Logged

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 11:45:36 AM »

Well, I am sensing this I should say.  Even if that's not the case, you still have a freedom of religion in which you could express hypocritaically if you choose to do so.  But it's the people who claim to be holier than thou.  Like I said mad respect.

Mutal respect is given unto you aswell, keep in mind I am available usually anytime after work to answer questions, for what you learn I also learn and study
Peace

It is Ironic how this all comes about, My Sons are presenting the COLORS  for the Blue and Gold Dinner in their Boy Scout troops, My youngest son will be annunciating the Pledge amongst all of the Guests. Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:50:23 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
bluesman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »

I  never said that i was a christian did i??? you assumed  shame on you
what does indians have to to with this thread??? we need to stay on same page.
I WILL DEFEND YOUR RIGHT NOT TO BELEIVE WITH MY DIEING BREATH!
 but  the facts Are the fact this is how are fore fathers set this all up to be!
if it worked for over 200 some odd years.  then its good enough for me.
 IF IT WORKS DONT SCREW WITH IT.  WPBSMOKA
  YOU LIVE CLOSE BY WE NEED TO HOOK UP AND RIDE!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com