Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SandMountain  (Read 18889 times)
z400chic

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2006, 07:53:27 PM »

I love racing at sand moutnain but there are some things that have gone on that concerns me. First off is the beginner class, you had 11 - 12 bikes on the track last weekend. Personally that was too many on the track at one time and half the guys paid $30 to ride the track in practice and race for 5 laps. Thats a rip off some of them guys travel and hour or better to race and thats what they get come on now. THe other thing is tha youth class. There is a kid riding a Raptor 660 and in the rules it say 400CC and less and i emailed them and they said they would take care of the racer. Well they did for one week and then he was racing again last weekend and it was brought to there attention and they said they did not want to have to deal with i that the kids dad did alot for the track. Well guess what rules are rules and they shouldnt be lifted for one kid if thats the case i will send my kid out there on a 450 R and lets see what happens. Its not far to the other kids reguardless of who they are there are rules for a reason so why cant you abide by them?
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »

First off yeah rules are rules. But one thing that you don't know is the stipulations surrounding those rules. That kid your talking about parents got w/ the staff at SandMountain they came to an agreement that the kid would race and not have any points entered toward the series. That kid is still coming in last even on the 660. He has no other bike as of yet and just likes to get out and race. He's not awarded any points from what I understand. So yes, I do stand behind SandMountain on this b/c there is NO disadvantage for the other kids. HE'S COMING IN DEAD LAST FOR GODS SAKE.

As far as the paying fee to race... From what I understand it's the same fee to ride or race. So what are they getting ripped off on? What other place can you go to and pay $30 to ride 2 MX tracks, race TT, do tremendous hill climbs, and ride trails? And hey, did I mention the Sand Drags? That is the best happening place for us as ATVers and it's the HardRock of Polk County. Keep up the good work SM. I love you guys Wink.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:14:47 PM »

couldnt have said it any better my self. Grin

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:16:22 PM »

Well I am the person you can speak to about my son racing on a 660 Raptor. And if you would like to know just ask. My son is there to ride not to race. I asked SM to let him ride and either give him no points or last place points for your info. SM does not bend the rules.They are there for all of us to have a place to ride and have fun. By the way I spoke with Mads about this already. His brother is in the same class and was the one that was having to ride a Raptor 350 because his bike was broke. I could understand you or someone else being upset about this IF my son was running in the top 5 or better yet even finishing better than last. You dont have to worry about him riding a 660 anymore because he now has a 400. Its not like we are out there racing for money or anything. My son has yet to bring home a trophy from SM this season. If you would like to voice your concerns to me in person come over and lets talk I am usually parked by the staging area with a burgandy Suburban and white trailer.
Wayne

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »

By the way it was not just 1 race it was 3 races. I barrowed a friends z400 and he then came in 4th place.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
blackcloud999

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 08:35:01 PM »

What's up yall, well I think we are really blowing this way to far out, JUST let the kids race, they are only kids and we are the adults here.  I am sure they are not taking your trophy in the powder puff class.  It's not a issue because we will all go buy our kids z400 and let them come in 1st and then see what "they" have to say!!!

Why can't we all just get along!

GOOD JOB SM!!!! Wink
z400chic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 08:43:01 PM »

Thats fine but what are the other kids that race thinking.  It should have been announced at the drives meeting. I have no problem if a kid wants to get out there and ride it does us all some good but if that what is going on they need to announce it so that problems dont happen like this. And as far as the open beginner class i just think they should do it how they did it last year.
LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 08:54:39 PM »

Well it looks like another one of them things like umm YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!  I think that SM should not let anyone run in the vet class until I can race again because they will be getting free points & thats not fair.

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 09:38:36 PM »

Steve I will split my point with ya...

MAYBE NOT... HAHAHAHA

Man I hope your knee is not that bad we need you out there with us.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 09:46:51 PM »

we need you out there with us.

No we don't! I wanna try and get as many trophies as I can and w/ him there it makes things just that much more difficult  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 09:48:27 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

Don't worry Rob you will be runnin out front again real soon just keep showing up. Have Wayne pick you up & then drop him in a ditch some where. hahahaha
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 10:07:42 PM by LE450-RACER#77 » Logged

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 10:11:41 PM »

Don't worry Rob you will be runnin out front again real soon just keep showing up. Have Wayne pick you up & then drop him in a ditch some where. hahahaha

Hmmmm  Evil  (lol)

01ZX12R
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »

Rob you know I cant do u like that. Just wait we got some surprizzzzeesss for ya Steve..

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
ssmotorsports_Sara_130

Thats me in front.^Ride hard or dont ride at all.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »

does any one know when the next sand moutaine motocross race is if so get back to me please.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »

the next mx race is on Feb 19.

Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 12:16:32 PM »

do they ever do ANYTHING on saturdays?

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 12:21:27 PM »

no. the owners do all they can with their jobs they have now and taking care of the tracks during the week and running races on sunday.

Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »

Humm, i would think Saturdays would yeild a higher turnout..

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 05:02:15 PM »

according to sand mountains website the next mx is on saturday feb 18

ssmotorsports_Sara_130

Thats me in front.^Ride hard or dont ride at all.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »

i liked when they had them on sunday because i could race bartow saturday and SM sunday.and even if they hed the tt and mx on the same day i would still race both so i liked the way they had it befor.

01ZX12R
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 07:30:23 PM »

If anyone has anything to say inreferance to my reply to Z400chic please feel free to PM me. I do not want to get anything started about Sand Mountain. This place has come along ways and I don't want anyone thinking bad of them. Sand Mountian has done alot for all of us. They have worked their A.. 's off building a place for families to come and have fun. They are great people and always listen to all of us. They go out of their way to make this place fun. Just think on Sundays when we all come out to ride they are all having to work to give us a place to ride.

Steve I hope you get some good news on Thursday.
  Mads, I dont blame you at all for any of this. no hard feeling here.

Wayne

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 07:40:11 PM »

Good man Wayne.  It takes a better man to apologize like you have.  You nor Sandmountain did anything wrong.  Its all good. Cool  See ya all next week.

Steve I hope you get good news, I will call you in the morning.
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 07:41:50 PM »

I love racing at sand moutnain but there are some things that have gone on that concerns me. First off is the beginner class, you had 11 - 12 bikes on the track last weekend. Personally that was too many on the track at one time and half the guys paid $30 to ride the track in practice and race for 5 laps. Thats a rip off some of them guys travel and hour or better to race and thats what they get come on now. THe other thing is tha youth class. There is a kid riding a Raptor 660 and in the rules it say 400CC and less and i emailed them and they said they would take care of the racer. Well they did for one week and then he was racing again last weekend and it was brought to there attention and they said they did not want to have to deal with i that the kids dad did alot for the track. Well guess what rules are rules and they shouldnt be lifted for one kid if thats the case i will send my kid out there on a 450 R and lets see what happens. Its not far to the other kids reguardless of who they are there are rules for a reason so why cant you abide by them?

I think what is tring to be said about the beginner class is that people would like to try to go out there and race for more then 5 laps. I think they should look into the way they did it last year where they take the top 4 or 5 out of each heat or if there is more then 2 heat only take the top 3 or so//// about the youth class I think it was not understood from the get go  by everyone in that class that your son was not getting points now that everything is squared away lets go racing

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »

The beg. class has grown alot. I do not think we ever had that many peeps in that class last season. I think maybe 18-19 last year. Which made it interesting.I think SM is tring to get the races done as fast as they can so that the others that do not race can have a chance to ride the TT track and so they can get all the points and trophies ready for those how place and get one. I am sure if we all get together at the drivers meeting and talk about this we can come up with something that will work.  I know what ever is decided will not please everyone but we need to try what the majority votes on. I personally think the way we used to do it with 3 motos worked great. But when we have a weekend like we did a few races ago if we ran that format We would have never finished all the races before dark. We would have had to run 3 motos in beg,vet, and expert. that would have taken a while.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
z400chic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »

Well sorry if i offended you wayne but like fastltz said i was all misundertood from the start. i have problem with your boy riding but alt of people thought he was racing for points and thats what i had thought too. I just want evryoe to have fun and it to be fair. So hopefully you see my point of view on this. And with the beg class i think we need to talk to sm about it b/c i like the 3 moto deal like we did last year. I dunno maybe we could start racing earlier in the day on sundays. i didnt want to be the bad guy and sorry just didnt seem right to me but now things are squared with the youth class. see yall at the race.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com