Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest: promised 640 acres in Collier Co. (head count) MARCH 11th!!!  (Read 106872 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »

I asked a friend who DJs at gator county what to do to get something announced and she said just fax them so i'll send them the flyer as a fax in case they haven't gotten it yet, i have another friend at the cape daily breeze and another at a newspaper in lehigh i'll talk to them this week as well and see what they can do. 

OKOKOKOK!!!! Good stuff, get the word out!!!!
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2006, 11:58:57 AM »

I just petitioned the county managers office in collier county asking the this issue be heard in front of the entire commission. As soon as i get a date, i will post it....Rick
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2006, 12:00:35 PM »

I think it is a good idea that we start thinking of somekind of sound system or bullhorn in order to keep everyone organized. What do you think?
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »

I agree. We definetely need at a minimum a bull horn so the speakers that are attending can be heard along with  those that want to speak. I think leo from atvmia is a disc jockey?? maybe he can help out with this. otherwise, were going to  have to start looking into renting some kind of equipment...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »

I agree. We definetely need at a minimum a bull horn so the speakers that are attending can be heard along with  those that want to speak. I think leo from atvmia is a disc jockey?? maybe he can help out with this. otherwise, were going to  have to start looking into renting some kind of equipment...

Yeah I am talking to him right now. We got it!!!!
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »

Everyone, PLEASE READ AND DO....

Here's the e-mail address to the inspector General for the SFWMD, he is supposed to investigate fraud, misuse, mismanagement ,etc...
E-mail him and let him know that the SFWMD is not keeping their contractual agreement and to look into this....

jwwillia@sfwmd.gov
vadkatherine

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »

I just got off the phone w/a guy from the newspaper and he said that we need a press release--is there one ready, does anyone know how to make one, do you think that the flyer would work--i would like to have more info on it if it is going to the newspapers but i don't really know the whole story.  All i know is that i recently bought a bike and really  have no place to ride--so this sounds like a great idea to me. 
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2006, 04:45:55 PM »

I started another thread so we can see the purpose and goals more clearly. You can use most of that verbage for the press release. Wait until LSW looks at it thuogh......
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2006, 08:54:22 PM »

I petitioned the county commission today to have this brought forward in front of the entire commission. I went ahead and submitted for review the second petition asking the the " Board of Governors"  of the SFWMD become an ELECTED board instead of an APPOINTED board.I THINK WE NEED TO START THINKING ABOUT OPENING UP A BANK ACCOUNT AND MAYBE HIRE A LOBBYIST or SET UP A FUND IN CASE WE NEED TO TAKE THE SFWMD TO COURT?? As for a press release I think you hit this on the nail....Great Job
enniehall

Get busy living or get busy dying!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2006, 07:28:35 PM »

Hey guys I haven't read through all the recenct post yet because my home computer is really slow but I thought this imformation might be useful...On my way home I was listening to one of the radio staions advertising the Counrty Jams at the Vinnyards in Naples.  I only heard Charlie Daniels and some one else was there on Sunday the 12th and I can't remember who they said was there on Saturday.  This could either damage our cause big time pulling attention away or this could really help us if we maybe make another trip out on sunday.  Just thought I'd let ya'll know if you didn't already

Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2006, 02:41:45 AM »

Hey guys,  I've been out of town and just jumped on the topic.  "This is what I have been waiting for "  Can't wait !   I spoke with Mark (owner) for TEAM ACTION 4X4 in Ft Myers.  This guy knows how much this area means to alot of his clients, he will be there with a few of his friend and some sick 4x4 trucks.  I also have a few ATV enthusiast from Dade and Broward showing up.  See Ya'll there !

Dennis

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

Hey guys,  I've been out of town and just jumped on the topic.  "This is what I have been waiting for "  Can't wait !   I spoke with Mark (owner) for TEAM ACTION 4X4 in Ft Myers.  This guy knows how much this area means to alot of his clients, he will be there with a few of his friend and some sick 4x4 trucks.  I also have a few ATV enthusiast from Dade and Broward showing up.  See Ya'll there !

Dennis

4x4's, UTE'S, SPORT, Dirt Bikes!!!! We all play a role here!!!!
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2006, 05:41:58 PM »

ENCOURAGING NEWS....
Guys , I received an e-mail today from commissioner Fialo and I quote
" Rick, In my book a promise is a promise"  This is one of the five people we will try to convince to rescind on the agreement. Keep the pressure up, Keep calling, writing the commission and everyone else you can think of. yOU GUYS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB . Let keep the pressure on. Call the SFWMD and ask them for your 640 acres. We can beat this if we stay together....Rick
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2006, 01:27:09 PM »

FOX 4 news had a report on last night about ATVers in the Yucapan.  It was pretty one sided.  I wrote a letter to FOX 4 about it, also mentioned about the land that was promised to us.  You can check it out under "Watch fox news tonight" in the 'Open Discussion'.  Maybe more Press, don't know?
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2006, 07:25:47 PM »

I received the "official " confirmation today to petition  so that this may  be brought in front of the entire commission. On Feb 28th, i will be giving them our 10 min speech. Then if commission "approves" this for a public hearing we can all go and explain our point, but most importantly, it will force the SFWMD to show up and explain what are they going to do about this. I have a copy of  the meeting between the collier county attorneys and the SFWMD people and they did not want to help the county with a lawsuit brought against the county. The county in turn, had to name them as a Third party to the lawsuit. It going to be interesting to see on what side the commission going to be.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »

On Monday Feb 13 & Tuesday Feb 14 Fox 4 news in Southwest Florida broadcast the issue of lack of OHV areas in Southwest Florida,  at the end of the broadcast Fox 4 news asked anyone with concerns or suggestions to the topic, to contact them.   We should contact Fox 4 news to show up March 11th .  Has anyone contact the media ?

z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2006, 11:01:20 PM »

I saw that report tonight!  They would come out for sure!

JUMP IT!
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2006, 07:07:18 AM »

I just sent patrick nolan from fox4 news an e-mail about this and the broken contract between collier county and the sfwmd, and i attatched a copy of the agreement. I also let him know about our rally and asked that they be there..
96 warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2006, 05:02:52 PM »

I just sent patrick nolan from fox4 news an e-mail about this and the broken contract between collier county and the sfwmd, and i attatched a copy of the agreement. I also let him know about our rally and asked that they be there..

it would be great if they showed up

96 (and a 98) warrior
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2006, 12:54:06 AM »

21 more days ! 

OffroadSS350

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2006, 06:30:05 PM »

Hey does anyone own or have access to a street legal tractor, front end loader, trackhoe etc that could lead the way this could definately keep the our speed on the roads down during the rally later
Andy

'05 F-150 4x4 on Swamperz
'06 Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4
'98 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 4x4 on 28x12.5 Outlaws FOR SALE 3k obo PM me for info pics..
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2006, 07:36:02 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,11717.0.html

Keep it alive need help & imput here too!

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »

19 more days and counting

dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2006, 12:04:29 AM »

im back, been snowboarding in wisconsin. i need to hit the street hard tomorrow. has anyone had any luck recruiting mass people for the rally?

modified z400
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2006, 12:56:02 PM »

im back, been snowboarding in wisconsin. i need to hit the street hard tomorrow. has anyone had any luck recruiting mass people for the rally?

We should quite a few people out there man!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com