Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest: promised 640 acres in Collier Co. (head count) MARCH 11th!!!  (Read 106948 times)
dudek38

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:30:39 AM »

ok, "toomey" and i thought it would be a good idea to start a rally to get our promised 640 acres to ride on. this was supposed to happen on oct 30 2005. this is a new thread to get the ball rolling under the proper topic name. please read the earlier thread called "naples spot by oct. 30th"(please read). im still thinking about a date. i think we could get hundreds of people to show up. if anyone has any info regarding this matter please speak up. a date is coming soon, so start spreading the word.
it would be a good idead to have this rally organized, actually certain jobs that one might be good at. for instance. i could organize it. someone could be in charge of notifying the right people( commissioners, reporters, governor, newspapers and even local radio stations and so on. everyone would be in charge of spreading the word. its going to take all of us to get it done, but imagine the reward. a place to ride, something i lost too long ago.
i'll come up with a date tonight. im open to suggestions. im thinking some saturday in march. the 11th sounds good. i think the place should be around the gov center, but i have no clue where that would be, so if someone could come up with that, it would be great. the reason i think the gov center would be better than the bridge is we'll be more noticed and more heard, than being in the woods. lets finalize the date and place by tommorow night.

modified z400
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:33:18 AM »

That date looks good for me and my crew. We can bring 40-50 strong in like 30 trucks!!!

I think the best thing would be to drive around town at 15MPH or something like that. Get the old folks mad enough to make sure something gets done. The seniors in Naples, in actuality run the city and make the decisions, I think. We can drive around nice and slow with banners hanging from our trucks (OPEN BADLUCK TO ORV) and have a meeting place. Contact the press and make a big thing out of it. If they don't listen we do it again the following weekend and every weekend after that!!!!

MARCH 11TH?? Let me know so we can start the planning.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:34:32 AM »

Or even fram a car accident between several people involved at the same exact time to really stop traffic!!!

DjLeOo

Shut up and Ride !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:44:49 AM »

JUST LET US KNOW !!!!

IN BEHALF OF ATVMIAXTREME WE ARE IN ON THIS ONE !!!!

ILL HAVE MY TRAIN HORN READY !!!!!

WE SHOULD JUST GO TO THE BUSIEST INTERSECTION AND COME TO A COMPLETE STOP WITH BANNERS AND SIGNS

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 11:46:25 AM »

JUST LET US KNOW !!!!

IN BEHALF OF ATVMIAXTREME WE ARE IN ON THIS ONE !!!!

ILL HAVE MY TRAIN HORN READY !!!!!

WE SHOULD JUST GO TO THE BUSIEST INTERSECTION AND COME TO A COMPLETE STOP WITH BANNERS AND SIGNS

We can't just stop like that. We have to be legal and organized. Now, if we stage a trafic accident at the same time (4 or 5 different ones), then traffic will stop!!!!
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »

The Picayune state forest will eventually open up  again to ORV use.I have been in contact with Jim Colletta(Collier county commisioner) and with Mike Davis( State Representative)discussing what happening with this. Please understand the 640 acres are a seperate issue then the one for the squares.
As soon as the US fish and Wildlife service approve the ORV plan, there will be 12.7 miles of trails. A blue trail and an orange trail. The staging area will be of Everglades Blvd and 54th St. A maximum capacity of 84 riders at any given time. You must wear a helmet,20 mph speed limit,one way trails,$50.00 sticker/year.No double riding, Kids can ride as long as they are under direct supervision. You will have to take a course, wash the bikes before and after riding. THere are also 5 alternative sites being considered and one of them is badluck prairie. The phone # to Mike davis office is 239-417-6270

AS far as the 640 acres go, I agree that we should have some kind of demonstartion. THe SFWMD has been dragging their feet on this. They have proposed a "park" using the sludge they remove from  Lake Trafford in Imokkalee, the problem with this is they have found dangerous chemicals in that muck. Thxs Rick
enniehall

Get busy living or get busy dying!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 01:17:57 PM »

Right we can't take things to far or they are gonna look at us like a bunch of hoodlums and won't take us seriously.  We need to draw attention in legal ways.  I think it would be best to spread us out, have the majority around the government center and then like 10 to 15 people at the major intersections like pine ridge road at 41, golden gate parkway at 41 and any other major intersections or be in parking lots like at the super walmarts and grocery stores.

If we go to kinkos we can get banners, signs practically anything we want.  Perhaps we can get Cypress Cycle or Powersports to display the signs, might bring in a few more participants.  

Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »

there will be 12.7 miles of trails. A blue trail and an orange trail. The staging area will be of Everglades Blvd and 54th St. A maximum capacity of 84 riders at any given time. You must wear a helmet,20 mph speed limit,one way trails,$50.00 sticker/year.No double riding, Kids can ride as long as they are under direct supervision. You will have to take a course, wash the bikes before and after riding. THere are also 5 alternative sites being considered and one of them is badluck prairie. The phone # to Mike davis office is 239-417-6270

AS far as the 640 acres go, I agree that we should have some kind of demonstartion. THe SFWMD has been dragging their feet on this. They have proposed a "park" using the sludge they remove from  Lake Trafford in Imokkalee, the problem with this is they have found dangerous chemicals in that muck. Thxs Rick

it is the 640 acres that we want right? 12 miles is nothing and all of these other rules are bull!!! We are entiltled to more and deserve more! We must demonstrate legally and crowd the streets of naples!!
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 02:18:46 PM »

Right we can't take things to far or they are gonna look at us like a bunch of hoodlums and won't take us seriously.  We need to draw attention in legal ways.  I think it would be best to spread us out, have the majority around the government center and then like 10 to 15 people at the major intersections like pine ridge road at 41, golden gate parkway at 41 and any other major intersections or be in parking lots like at the super walmarts and grocery stores.

If we go to kinkos we can get banners, signs practically anything we want.  Perhaps we can get Cypress Cycle or Powersports to display the signs, might bring in a few more participants.  

huumm, why hoodlums? We will be with our families driving through the streets at a very slow pace. Hoodlums would be what we should do! Just unload our bikes and rush the squares, that would be the hoodlum way of doing this.
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 03:18:57 PM »

I also think it'd be best to do it in a civilized way.  Just park somewhere, and unload the trailers, pull out the pop up tents, set up the barbques, pass out flyers showing the ruling that we'd get our 640 and where are they? 

Really, if we are going to pull this off, we have to plan, plan, plan.  I think the date should be held off until we truthfully know what we're doing, so we don't end up regreting it.  We should definitly try to do it before summer though.
Once we get some of the basic plan down, we'll get a date, and notify the media about what we're doing.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 03:29:50 PM »

I am waiting for collier county government to call me back. I called to see what permits are required to hold a demonstration in the county. SFWMD  has offices here in collier county. I think there is were we should stop and demonstrate....Will follow up as I get info....Rick
enniehall

Get busy living or get busy dying!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 03:29:56 PM »

Comming to a complete stop in the middle of the road or a baja style race down 5th are for sure going to get attention, but the wrong kind therefore we'd become hoodlums because of the way we handled the situation at hand.  I don't know if you recall but a couple of years back two kids selling lemonade down by fifth had the cops called on them and they had to remove their stand because people complained it was disturbing the peace.  This is a delicate situation we don't want to give the wrong impressions. People already think bad of the off road culture we don't want to make matters worse for ourselves.

Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 03:34:21 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A1930916

There's a link about protesting, in case anyone wants to read it. 
Does anyone know email addresses of the top people in Naples, because I think it'd be wise to ask them what we should do to get the point across but still be legal.  We can't take no for an answer though, it's either tell us how to do it, or we'll just show up and do whatever.

As far as spreading out, I don't think that'd be best.  I think the smaller pockets would have a hard time by themselves.  It'd be best to all stick together in a big area downtown.

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 03:48:57 PM »

I also think it'd be best to do it in a civilized way.  Just park somewhere, and unload the trailers, pull out the pop up tents, set up the barbques, pass out flyers showing the ruling that we'd get our 640 and where are they? 

Really, if we are going to pull this off, we have to plan, plan, plan.  I think the date should be held off until we truthfully know what we're doing, so we don't end up regreting it.  We should definitly try to do it before summer though.
Once we get some of the basic plan down, we'll get a date, and notify the media about what we're doing.

IMO, I think we would have to apply a bit more pressure than just passing out flyers.

We should have a site were we can plan "behind the scenes". Right now, everyone including PD is reading.

Mods, can you create a section where we can get into (once a potential volunteer is qualified) and discuss our plans?Huh If not, please let me know because I think we can create one in ATVMIAX.........
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »

Well I'm not saying all we should do is flyers.  But what are we going to do while we're sitting out there?  We gotta do something to let everyone know why we're there, and what we want to get done.  I know that flyers are kinda just the sissy way to get the point across, lets hear some realistic but really good ideas...

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »

Well I'm not saying all we should do is flyers.  But what are we going to do while we're sitting out there?  We gotta do something to let everyone know why we're there, and what we want to get done.  I know that flyers are kinda just the sissy way to get the point across, lets hear some realistic but really good ideas...

toomey, please keep in mind I am not shooting down the idea. I'd like to think we are team here. Flyers are good in combination with other methods. We can have flyers, drivers and walkers.
OffroadSS350

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »

I should be able to round up 100 or so people 4 wheelers and big trucks so keep me up to date we need to have set date soon to get the word out last rally i didnt know till the day of when i heard it on the radio well let me know

'05 F-150 4x4 on Swamperz
'06 Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4
'98 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 4x4 on 28x12.5 Outlaws FOR SALE 3k obo PM me for info pics..
z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 12:32:41 AM »

Oh it's time.  I work for Supertrucks on airport road.  I could get them to hand out some flyers.  We lift too many trucks for these people not to care about this.  Maybe we should have a meeting before and plan everything out.  I'm kinda busy with workin 2 jobs, but I also know lots of people in Naples.  We need all of Badluck back.  Not 12 miles.  20mph speed limit?  So I can get all the way to 2nd gear!  Washing the bikes before and after?  WTF?!?!?!  Naples is really starting to piss me off.  All the stupid little things.  Like doing all road constructions during BUSY SEASON.  REALLY GOOD PLAN!

JUMP IT!
dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 09:22:33 AM »

i remember at one rally, this guy had everyone sign a petition. this will document the names and numbers of everyone. i definitely think this has to be done. this is another reason we must congregate together. all your ideas are great. we must be legal and do it right. i dont like the rules and the 12 miles, i want more. i don't even know if 640 acres are enough, but it something which is more than what we have now. maybe we should ask the correct way to protest, so we could have a name to say if we get chastised.
 it seems that downtown has come up a lot. does anyone know the layout of the government center. is there room for such an event? if we rally out at the bridge, we will not be noticed and may have been a mistake to do it there in the past. i have never really protested before so im just going off what ive seen on tv.
as far as the date, i was just putting one out there. we cant just talk this time, we must follow through, a date will make that happen!

modified z400
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »

i remember at one rally, this guy had everyone sign a petition. this will document the names and numbers of everyone. i definitely think this has to be done. this is another reason we must congregate together. all your ideas are great. we must be legal and do it right. i dont like the rules and the 12 miles, i want more. i don't even know if 640 acres are enough, but it something which is more than what we have now. maybe we should ask the correct way to protest, so we could have a name to say if we get chastised.
 it seems that downtown has come up a lot. does anyone know the layout of the government center. is there room for such an event? if we rally out at the bridge, we will not be noticed and may have been a mistake to do it there in the past. i have never really protested before so im just going off what ive seen on tv.
as far as the date, i was just putting one out there. we cant just talk this time, we must follow through, a date will make that happen!

All very good questions! I to am a little lost as to the layout of the city. We rode the squares many times but I am not from Naples. Who can shed some light here? I kind of like the idea of having maybe 5 or 6 groups protesting at the same time all around town. We need a group of leaders (OUR MAIN PROBLEM!!!)

I volunteer myself

Anyone else willing to sit down and discuss this for an hour or two?Huh?
dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 09:57:28 AM »

i just got off the phone with"lswjth2". he is on top  of the governmental and commissioner aspects.  let this thread go on a couple days and then we'll have a conference call. brainstorming is good. and to everyone, we are trying to do this right and legal. i know this subject hits home with a bunch of the locals but we must act just as professional as the people we are protesting. at the rally, i request everyone to be on their best behavior. remember, they want us to act a fool. this will discredit our purpose.

modified z400
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 10:05:31 AM »

I am in and Leo I know that many from AMX will be too!

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
DjLeOo

Shut up and Ride !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 10:28:14 AM »

All very good questions! I to am a little lost as to the layout of the city. We rode the squares many times but I am not from Naples. Who can shed some light here? I kind of like the idea of having maybe 5 or 6 groups protesting at the same time all around town. We need a group of leaders (OUR MAIN PROBLEM!!!)

I volunteer myself

Anyone else willing to sit down and discuss this for an hour or two?Huh?

I think we should all stick together instead of groups here and there !!
like that they know we are one big ass group !! and that way there's less chances of any law enforcement of stopping any protest or anything for that matter!!!

When media is involved they will ask many questions !!!

Make sure all that have written to Senators, City of Naples or Government or any locations have Emails, or Letters printed on hand to prove to media things we have tried to accomplish and never gotten answers for !!

Theres lots of planning to do !!!
ANd this needs to get done !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 10:40:08 AM »

I will start the list of possible leaders in the hopes of scheduling a call for this week some time:

Dudek38
Eworm
lswjth2
Mudweiser721

Possible action items to discuss on call:

Naples layout of the city
What should the banners say
One group or several
What news stations should we be contacting?
Who will our spokes persons be?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:44:22 AM by Eworm » Logged
Mudweiser721

Hakuna Matata (No Worries)

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 11:06:06 AM »

Hey crew I've been ridding for a long time and have been to the Squares MANY times. I just became a member of this web site and am all for assisting in any way possible with this issue. I know of approx 10 riders from the Fl Keys area and will keep them advised of this and request there assistance. Count me in !!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com