Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osceola Forest Riding  (Read 6607 times)
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:56:50 PM »

Has anybody ridden at Osceola. I took my daughter last Monday and I think we are going Sunday. We rode in the Quail Management Area which is off of 90 south of I-10. My question is, is there any areas above I-10 or other places that anybody recommends? The trails are pretty muddy in what we saw. I was looking for some terrain similar to scrub.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Magnum330

Having Fun on ATV.Com Now Lets Ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 11:05:14 PM »

You might try this out it tells all about different areas and you can ride atvs in some areas look close at all the rules for atvs. Also beware of hunters

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2005-06-Regs-Maps.htm

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 11:38:55 PM »

Hey Magnum,
Thanks for the info. I rode on Monday and didn't see any hunters. We had the area to ourselves. So what you're saying is you rode north of 10 correct? We rode about 10 miles south of 10 right off 90. If it's more open and better riding let me know that. I think hunting season up so we don't have to worry too much on them. I've never really had hunter problems in the 3 years we have gone to Ocala. If we see them we just go the other way. When we went to Ocala, New Years weekend we saw a hunter coming down a sand road we were on and we pulled to the side and he was driving by looking straight ahead like we were invisible and almost hit my friend who was last in line. I went after him and he kept looking forward and wouldn't say what his problem was. I yelled to him the reason he was hunting at ONF is because his sorry @$$ couldn't get in a hunting club because he was an idiot and no club would have him. That's pretty much all the hunters out there. They either don't have the $ to join a club or whatever. I've seen fights between atv'ers and hunters because dogs almost got hit. Most of them are cool but you can tell they don't like us. Anyway deer season should be done and we have some cool months ahead of us. Let's enjoy them.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Magnum330

Having Fun on ATV.Com Now Lets Ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 12:02:15 AM »

Hey Magnum,
Thanks for the info. I rode on Monday and didn't see any hunters. We had the area to ourselves. So what you're saying is you rode north of 10 correct?

I have not rode in that area up their but I have found an area xlose to me that is public property that people ride atvs on the weekend. I talked to a Florida game and fish officer and told me the area was open to atvs as long as they were following the rules and staying in the riding areas.

Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 01:06:37 PM »

I yelled to him the reason he was hunting at ONF is because his sorry @$$ couldn't get in a hunting club because he was an idiot and no club would have him.

Another ATV rider making us all look bad. Thanks.

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 05:18:36 PM »

exactly who is making atv riders look bad Kurt? Not sure what was said that made atv riders look bad.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »

Sounds like the hunter looked bad to me.  Just cause we're losing our places to ride doesn't mean we should kiss the hunters a@#.    Smiley
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »

I saw your highlighted quote Kurt. I happened to have my 8 year old daughter on my bike and the guy who was almost hit had is 2 teenage kids in front of him. We were on a long sand road where the driver saw us from a far distance. We pulled over as soon as we found and opening to do so. I think you need to be there and see the situation first hand before you run your mouth. I have always been courteous to the hunters out there by going the other way when we see them. I see you got an opinion on just about every quote on here so no biggy. It's an opinion. Everybody's got one. Right?

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

Ok, I am not the one running my mouth here. How does you being insulting and derogatory to the guy help the situation? Yeah, he came close to you or the kids. That's wrong. Did he hit anyone? No. But your response in trying to escalate the situation was even more wrong. Did you happen to forget those same kids are watching your words and actions? Are we not, as adults and parents, supposed to lead by example? Did you forget the hunter has a firearm, probably STILL LOADED?? Did you WANT to get shot just to prove to those kids what a bada** you are? He could have rammed you or shot you or just kicked your tail. Did you ever hear of road rage? You just committed off-road rage. And now you are trying to defend it and that hunter can say "I told you all ATV riders are jerks- just look what he did to me!". And he's right. You made us all look bad. I stand by my original statement.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »

Sounds like the hunter looked bad to me.  Just cause we're losing our places to ride doesn't mean we should kiss the hunters a@#.    Smiley

You are 100% right the hunter was wrong. I NEVER said we should kiss his a**. stacktester responded by trying to escalate a bad situation by insulting a guy with a (loaded?) firearm in his vehicle in front of impressionable kids.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »

Maybe all my actions weren't politically correct Kurt. The intentions of this guy were to hit my friend had he not moved. There is enough room for all of us out there. If an atv rider had done something like try and keep the road blocked, yes he should have beed pi$$ed. By the time we saw him and found a place to move off he intentionally had sped up to be an a$$hole. Hopefully when the trail system is in it will be marked ohv only and will not be a hunting ground. I doubt it, but it's worth a wish right? I heard from one ranger that Ocala Forest is like 600 sq. miles. Is there something wrong for all of us to enjoy it. The hunters have an ohv basically. They usually have an older truck rigged up to hunt with big tires and they can be destructive as well. Another thing I was going to mention is with all this talk of trails and banning, has our gov't forgotten there is an economy here that is going to take more of a hit as we lose riding areas. You have a lot of jobs being produced from what we do. I personally bought my Tail-Gator to haul my quads and camp in Ocala. We obviously all spend money on 4 wheelers and mx bikes. Then you have clothing and many other things to go with this hobby. The more we lose riding areas the less bikes and campers are bought therefore sells go down and an economy is hurt. I have to wonder what is driving this trail system and closures of public land. Hopefully we will all get an answer in May.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »

Clapper

I agree...........why chase down and try to argue or antagonize a man with a possible still loaded weapon............in front of kids no less............who i assume you are trying to keep on the right path by doing a fun family enjoyment of off-roading in the first place................you were definately not using your parental part of your brain capability................perhaps next time you will use better judgement..............."hindsight".............................and that is just my opinion..........and yes we all have them....................

You are 100% right the hunter was wrong. I NEVER said we should kiss his a**. stacktester responded by trying to escalate a bad situation by insulting a guy with a (loaded?) firearm in his vehicle in front of impressionable kids.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:40:19 PM by susieblazer » Logged

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 08:40:22 PM »

stacktester-
I'd be happy to go riding with you and your family in Osceola some weekend. Susieblazer is wanting to ride up there as well.

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 08:43:23 PM »

350,000 plus acres is alot of room for everyone.................

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 09:34:59 PM »

Save the drama for some other time and check out this link folks  Wink

This was north of 10   Wink

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,6283.0.html

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »

Kurt and Suzie you are both right. It was dumb of me to mouth off to this old guy. It was in the heat of the moment and was unusual of me. It was so obvious he was bein a butthole. I will always think twice before it happens again. Thanks for calling me on it.

If you want to ride in Osceola bring a quad ready for some water. The trails will be really nice and then you run in an area that's 100' long and sometimes too deep to navigate. I went today with friends who all had sports. I ride a 350 Rancher 4x4 and it pulled thru all I asked of it. My friends however weren't as lucky. We had to turn around several times. I would imagine it's like any other place. It will dry up when summer is here. Man I wish some of the trails at scrub were wet lol. There were about 40 riders at one unload area so that's a good sign that those trails are getting some riding done.

I've got a chance to ride over at Appilachicola on Friday. What do you know about it? I will be in the Caravelle area on business and have all day Friday to ride. Anybody wanna come join us? I may start a thread to see about some areas we can unload and of course ride legal.

I'm up in Jacksonville and we have Ocala and Osceola close by. Hopefully we can keep all of our riding places. Kurt you seem to be pretty involved on here. Any chance you would be a liason if a group was formed?

Let me know if ya'll come to Osceola. I'm always looking for new riding friends. I know a few trails and we can scout some new one's. Bring lunch, there ain't nothin around lol.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 09:51:31 PM »

Hey 1fast250r that Cobb area looks really cool. Gotta try that sometime. Looks like you found the underwater roads too. It looks pretty hilly up above I-10.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
GSPKurt
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 04:34:07 PM »

Kurt and Suzie you are both right. It was dumb of me to mouth off to this old guy. It was in the heat of the moment and was unusual of me. It was so obvious he was bein a butthole. I will always think twice before it happens again. Thanks for calling me on it.

If you want to ride in Osceola bring a quad ready for some water. The trails will be really nice and then you run in an area that's 100' long and sometimes too deep to navigate. I went today with friends who all had sports. I ride a 350 Rancher 4x4 and it pulled thru all I asked of it. My friends however weren't as lucky. We had to turn around several times. I would imagine it's like any other place. It will dry up when summer is here. Man I wish some of the trails at scrub were wet lol. There were about 40 riders at one unload area so that's a good sign that those trails are getting some riding done.

I've got a chance to ride over at Appilachicola on Friday. What do you know about it? I will be in the Caravelle area on business and have all day Friday to ride. Anybody wanna come join us? I may start a thread to see about some areas we can unload and of course ride legal.

I'm up in Jacksonville and we have Ocala and Osceola close by. Hopefully we can keep all of our riding places. Kurt you seem to be pretty involved on here. Any chance you would be a liason if a group was formed?

Let me know if ya'll come to Osceola. I'm always looking for new riding friends. I know a few trails and we can scout some new one's. Bring lunch, there ain't nothin around lol.

It takes a real man to admit he's made a mistake. You have my respect, sir.

***PM sent***

Kurt Hargarten
Warn Winch
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com