Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Techs,Yamaha Warrior problem  (Read 4342 times)
Lt55

Saving Lives!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »

I need some advise. I did my first oil change on my 03' Warrior. I bought it used not new.Going by the Clymer service manual,after changing the oil and oil filter it said to loosen the oil pressure check bolt mounted in the cylinder head and watch for oil to seep out. Oil did seep out. I tightened it down and part of the bolt broke off in the cylinder head. This oil pressure check bolt is new to me. Is it really needed? I don't know how much is broke off because I don't know how big the bolt is.It's in a really tight spot and I don't really want to take the cylinder head off to fix it. Any suggestions or advise. Thanks Steve 
Redinjun

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:07:44 AM »

if you can get to it with a drill, an "easy out" will be your best friend, most tool shops know what it is , looks like a drill bit twisted backwards and streched out.
Torque wrenches are cheaper than those books nowdays.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:10:28 AM »

man thats new to me.
i have an 01 and a 98 warrior i have never removed that bolt when i've changed the oil.

you could also try left handed drill bits.
the ez outs you have to drill with a right handed drill bit first which may actually tighen it even more. the left hand drill bits i have found work well.
(at least in the automotive industry.)

good luck.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Lt55

Saving Lives!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »

The real problem here is the bolt is hollow from the tip to just under the
head so the oil can seep out. I don't want to knock the rest into the motor. I don't think I tightened it down too hard. Torque wrench is the next tool I'll get .thanks for the replies.Anybody else?
backinsaddle

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »

sounds to me like an oil supply line from the oil pump to another location on the motor.  It's not really an "oil check" bolt, but a feed line to another part of the engine (usually the head?).  By loosening the bolt some, you're checking to see if the oil pump is pushing oil through that part of the motor.  You need to get the old bolt out and replace it with the same bolt.  Putting a regular bolt in will stop oil flow and burn up your motor.

Let me know if this helps

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lt55

Saving Lives!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »

Hey backinsaddle,the diagram that shows the cylinder head with the bolt labeled #4 is the one I have a problem with.Thanks
Redinjun

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 08:22:39 AM »

find a torx socket that's just a RCH to big and hammer it in the hollow shaft
backinsaddle

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 11:40:24 AM »

so are you able to fix the problem?  or do you need more info?  by the way, you can access the parts manual for your machine at www.yamaha-motor.com

Lt55

Saving Lives!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:50:55 PM »

I took off the body parts and gas tank and got the easy outs today. I didn't have much time. I'm gonna try and get the bolt out tomorrow. I got the replacement bolt on the way. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks
Lt55

Saving Lives!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 08:29:01 PM »

successsful,got the bolt out.Pretty easy. Used #2 easy out.The hardest part was taking off the body parts and gas tank.Thanks to everyone for the advise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com