Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bithlo motocross track sucks  (Read 6217 times)
carmine82

« on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

Angry >:(I decided to take my 2005 raptor 660R(wich is set up for mx style of riding) to bithlo today(sun 15 2006). I got there at 10:30 and hade to pay 30 bucks to ride!! Well ok i guess this track might be worth it? Well after waiting for more than 2 hours they finally let the quads on the track (all 3 of us). I rolled the track for the fisrt lap and stalled it 4 times. The jumps are either to close together or way to far apart with not enough running space to build up speed to clear them. In the prcess of doing lap 2 i saw the other 2 quads stall at least twice each and both of them rolled there quads at least once! Then after only my third lap they kicked us off the track and we were told we will have to wait at least another hour before we can go out again!! Well what kind of crap is this, i paid the same money as the dirt bike guys why cant i ride for more than 5-8 min at a time. Then it hit me ; this is not a quad friendly track at all. the jumps are all set up for dirt bikes and there are at least 4-5 drop of (jump to nothing as i call them) jumps that if your suspension is not set up right, you will fly off. I then proceeded to ask the owner(or at least what i thought was the owner,she was at the gate barking orders to everyone) why we cant ride for more time, and i was told that dirt bikes take priority and us quad guys will just have to suck it up and wait and thats just how it is!!! Furthermore i talked to somr of the poeple at the track and found out that for the race that was held the night before for quads, that only 2 quads showed up. That seems very strage to me. Maybee they know something i dont!
Well all this pissed me off and i asked for a refund and did not get it and just left. Us quad guys and girls need to stick together, dont go to the bithlo mx track its just not quad friendly at all and just a big waist of time effort and money.
There are many other quad friendly places to go to such as pax track,quick track,mullberry, barto,sand mt.,bostwick creek, waldo,gatorback,dade city just to name a few. i have had great experiences at these tracks and highley reconmend them.
                                     Thanks for reading my post.contact me if you want to know more about any of these tracks and some secret places to ride taht i have just for in deltona,deland and on rt 44. thanks  carmine82!!!!!!!
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »

Sorry to say but that is a very quad friendly track. I know of 3 or 4 A riders that go there to practice mainly and multiple B and C riders that go there to practice too. Normally they run with the dirtbikes. Dont say you cant get enough speed up to jump the jumps there. Iv seen every jump jumped there BY QUAD. Maybe you just need to work on your skillls. Shocked

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
carmine82

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

thanks for the post, but i stick by what i say and the poor experiance that i had at bithlo.it is a very technical track that does change often and unless your there every week i think its tough to say that every jump is doable on every lap consistantly. i will never go to that track again and i will discurage anyone on a quad that wants to go!! also my skills may not be A rider, but i am solid in my skills. thanks    carmine82!!!!!
DCR_Marcus14

Braaaaahhp!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:15:03 PM »

bithlo sucks in my oppinion too, they do tend to favor dirtbikes, but why wouldnt you if more dirtbikes showed up, the layout there is terrible but ive heard that dean dyess runs the track now and is supposed to redesign the whole thing before the winter ams. Hopefully he does because that track needs some serious work. I like to go there every once in a while to ride, but the layout is boring and the price is deffinitely to high for how the track is. Oh well plenty of other tracks to ride but this one is closet to me at just under an hour drive.

Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 04:48:05 PM »

Thats why Seminole has it going on there. They have a Quad track and a MX track and like to mix it up. You can ride as much as you can stand.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 10:16:59 PM »

I agree that the way they run Bithlo sucks.  My whole family rides Bithlo every Tuesday night unless it rains, and I hate the way they break it up.  As a business owner I cant blame them when 3-5 quads show up and 75 motorcycles are there, who do you cater to?  That should not even be a question.

Susan generally lets the quads ride with the C riders and thats fine with us.  I dont get  why you had to wait so long to ride.  The motos are usually 20 minutes for every class.

The track is very boring, and yes every jump is makable every lap, just look up the post in the pics with myself, my wife and my son jumping everything but the double in the rear, which is easy when the face is right.

Facts are I would rather ride any of the tracks you mentioned, have rode them all and they are all better than Bithlo, but Bithlo is only ten minutes from the house and being such a tight track it gives you a hellava work out.

Meet us there some Tuesday night from 4-10 and I promise you will have fun, any other time I have been there it has sucked.
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

I have no compliants about Bithlo except for having to wait until its time to ride again. Which usually takes about an hour for a 20 minute moto.

I just think you guys need to suck it up and ride Wink

Oh yea Flea_Jr does clear all the jumps except for one, and he usually does it by doing a no footer Grin over them. And hes only 13.

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »

once I start clearing jumps at Pax, I'll work on Bithlo ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 09:52:14 AM »

Wink The only thing I have seen you clear was your plate. LOL
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 09:56:14 AM »

this shall change sir, this shall change.

Cool

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 10:23:01 AM »

You know I love ya man
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »

Now that's funny stuff..I don't care who you are! roflmao

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »

You know I love ya man

yeah, same here even if you do ride an obnoxiously loud yamaha ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
T_REX_914

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 07:26:02 PM »

I Just bought a "wet" acre in suburban estates near holopaw. I have a key to the gate and access to 18000 acres to ride on anytime i desire. I don't know how far from holopaw you are but if you dont mind a bit of a drive it may be worth checking in to. Also you can have as many as 4 people on the deed so if you can find 3 others to go in with you it is not so expensive. That surely beats paying $30 to ride a few mnutes!!! If you are intersted and need their number i can post it here.
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 09:32:10 PM »

I also ride with the Flea family on Tuesday nights. And yes track is favored more towards the dirtbike guys and that is just the way it is. You need to look at it in Bithlos point of view there are more than triple the amount of dirtbikes there than quads, so they kinda have to lean more toward their side. You kinda have to get to know Susan, she can come off the wrong way when you first speak to her but once you learn how she you just let it go in one ear and out the other. She is always looking out for the safety of everyone there. When I first went to Bithlo I rolled over every jump there, I have been going on Tuesday nights for some time now and I am still not clearing the jumps, but I still enjoy riding there because it is close to home. I agree with Mr Flea give it another try. PM Flea or myself and we will plan a trip out there and we will show you that it can be a nice track. Some of the problem is that you have a Raptor and it is not the most MX freindly quad, I have one myself, I just purchased an 06 YFZ450 and boy what a differance that made riding at Bithlo. Not ragging on your bike at all but it is a little harder on a Raptor.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
brian87

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 10:36:01 PM »

Bithlo Favors Dirtbikes because they make up such a large percentage of their turnout. I went there a a couple of wednesdays back and it was excellent, it was nice and groomed with no ruts or bad faces. I think bithlo is one of those tracks that is only as good as you make it. You can hate a track the track because it's tight, rough and technical or you can make the best of it and use it to build stamina, plan your line choices and be exposed to some diffrent types of jumps.
I tend to see the glass as half full so any seat time is good seat time for me.
I personally dont like the little tight single rut inside lines but if i smack it enough times with the wheels spinning i've made it just right for a quad to rail.

-Brian
MXRACER86

New York!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 07:23:05 AM »

I liked bithlo when I rode there! Undecided

When The Gate Drops!  The Bullsh!t Stops!!!
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 10:45:43 AM »

Hey T Rex,

I can easily get 3 people to buy into holopaw.  I have been looking for someone to sell for several months now.  Let me know if you are interested.

GaryM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com