Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: northport  (Read 2064 times)
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:54:04 PM »

i live about an hour from northport and am thinkin bout goin up there soon i was wonderin whats it like, how big is it, is it worth the drive ect... 

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
#74 crf250r

When The Gate Drops The Nonsense Stops

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:33:02 PM »

if youve never been there definitly check it out there alot of trails and theres a decent track out there to.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »

but make sure you follow the rules!!! Nortport is a VERY VERY sensitive area right now. Don't ruin it for everyone else. There are a couple members on this website that I am sure will be happy to tell you where to park and ride etc. The police will ticket you if you don't follow the rules. check out northportoffroad.com

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 08:44:08 PM »

cool thanks

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 08:49:04 PM »

dang i was on the site and it looks alot better than i thought, does it cost to get in?

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 11:08:50 PM »

dang i was on the site and it looks alot better than i thought, does it cost to get in?

haha, no its illegal. dont park in view and dont ride the streets.
qt314nfla

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 11:17:12 PM »

There are a couple of properties there w/ signed no trespassing affidavids.  Do not park near them or ride them.  The guy that owns them was cool till he was out watching ppl having fun.  A big truck was destroying a water hole and he kindly asked him to not dig it out.  The guy threatened him and he immediately went and signed the affidavid.  One of his properties is the first right after you turn on Yorkshire and go under 75.  It's the sand pit on the right.

Park somewhere further off the beaten path.  Don't park in culdasac's and be sure to park off the road and in the correct direction of traffic.  Not that there's any real traffic out there. 

Don't play in the retention ponds or ride across the street.  If you see the police be sure to get off and push yes push your bike across the street.  They are not street legal and will ticket you.  However it's funny that if there is a car coming this is a sure way to get hit.  Fortunately, there isn't much road traffic.  Always stop and check thoroughly before and street crossing for traffic.

Stay out of any posted no trespassing and away from the power lines.  Don't cut through or around fences.  You'll get ticketed.  Be polite to the police if stopped and they are usually cool.  However if they have given you a warning once before it is on file and they will not be so nice next time.

I've been fortunate and have never had any problems with the police out there.  Last, please take out what you brought in.  I know this is a no brainer for most of us and that we take out other ppls trash.  I had to say it anyway.

Have fun and be safe. 
Seabeejim

SPAZUKI

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »

You know I can help sum it up.  Ive talked with someone I know and the bottom line is the property is in the City Limits.  People are coming in from all around Fl with Big trucks, quads dirt bikes and swamp buggies and just tearing up everything, riding on the roads, dumping constrction debris, leaving trash and anything else you can think of.  They are on a crack down and all people coming in that don't know property owners and not from around there are being turned away and or ticketed in someway or another.  We all thought this would end soon but I was told it is going to go on indefentley until people just give up on riding there.  Bad news to us that ride there.  This is what I gather from my contact, maybe not all true but close.

XR 50 with stickers and mods
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com