Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elka Shocks?  (Read 32590 times)
Wannagofaster

Tuck in behind me. I will show you where to crash!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2006, 09:49:26 AM »

How many pro riders are there running either one of these? Elka or Stadium.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2006, 10:15:34 AM »

well considering the stadiums were just released in the US this year none yet! so far byrd tested them and another pro did so far but i cant remember his name!  Huh in dew time!

Wannagofaster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2006, 11:20:06 AM »

They are probably pretty good. I guess it comes down to personal pref. The problem i see with any aftermarket suspension is most riders do not know how to properly adjust them to get the bike set up for their riding style and ability. So they may have a great shock that they hate because it is set up wrong.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2006, 11:24:22 AM »

which is also good with stadium! my sponsor a AIM performance who is the stadium dealer will answer any questions you have! you can call him at 10 at night at the track for help and he will answer and help you set them up! he also does great revalve and rebuild work too! i had my rear done and it is great! Thumbs Up

Wannagofaster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »

That alwys helps when you have that kind of support. I am am very happy with my current set up. I would not change for nothing unless they quit making my shocks.
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2006, 03:08:35 PM »

Stadiums are probably the best Shocks out... Wink

People haven't seen them out yet so they have to get popular first then everybody will have them Wink

Just like the MAVERICK said....

backinsaddle

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2006, 03:38:02 PM »

Something I copied from http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=37883

Custom Axis
Adjustments-Preload, Compression, Rebound
Features- CAD/CAM technology, 5/8" diameter shafts, race proven suspension fluids, "live spring" design. all this ads up to make one extreemly adjustable and tunable shock.
Price-$895-$1325
Customer Service- overall good customer service, willing to revalve if not setup properly the first time.
Turnaround- ranges from a week to 3 weeks, depending on time and demand
Appeal- Axis shocks are state-of-the art shocks. fully designed on CAD software and machined out, their looks cant be beat. quality parts and service go into each shock. Axis is a division of Penske Racing, a leader in automotive suspension.

PEP
Adjustments- preload, compression, rebound
Features-quad rate, ZPS, BIG rezzies, race proven, chrome bodies
Price- $595-$1695
Customer Service- this is where PEP falls behind. because of there extreem waiting list and only 2 guys making the shocks, getting a revalve or service can take some time
Turnaround- 3 weeks and up to 3 months 
Appeal- with their chrome bodies and multi colored springs, they stand out in the crowd. they also preform just as good as they look with many of the top GNC pros riding on PEP. they have been in the buisness ever since quad racing began. the quality of these is top notch from the spherical bearings to the internals.

Elka
Adjustments- preload, compression H/L, rebound
Features- quad rate, SSD, innovative designs, cool anodized red parts  , TRACK system, Elite, Sports, Recreation, and Dune series shocks designed to fit any budget.
Price- $450-$1295 TRACK system will be more, hasent been released to the public yet
Customer Service- Elka is known for their excelent customer service and helpfull people.
Turnaround- 1 week to 3 weeks
Appeal- yet another great looking shock. the anodized red is different from anyother in the business. however, looks can be deceveing. because Elka almost mass produces shocks, each shock mignt not get the "care" and attention that Axis, PEP, and TCS provides. this is probably the main reason why many people have to send their shocks back for revalving or re-springing. but regardless, they make a good quality product.

TCS
Adjustments- preload, compression
Features- tripple rate, SCS, shim style valving, simple yet effective design
Price- $650-$975
Customer Service- from Lake Elsinore, CA, TCS provides excelent customer service. owned and opperated by Todd Davis, this company knows how to tune your shocks. if you dont agree, take them back because theres a 30 day revalve guarantee.
Turnaround- 1-4 weeks, depending on the season and avalibility
Appeal- TCS shocks are very easy on the eyes  . with their shim style valving and Eibach springs, there bound to have a good effect on your machine. TCS is often mistaken with being a lesser quality company, and just a cheap alternative to the bigger names. but couldnt be farther from the truth. they are just a smaller company making great quality products. TCS also offers revalve/respring for your stock rear shock turning it into an awsome ride.

FOX Racing Shocks
Adjustments- "preload", compression, rebound -> C/R only found on the Evol shocks
Features- uses air pressure to controll the firmness of the shock, infantly adjustable, new doubble piggyback style
Price-$695-$?Huh (only Natalie runs the new Evol series, so who konws the price?)
Customer Service- well, Fox is big in the Downhill Offroad Bike industry with many different models avalible for bikes. also into full off road buggy/truck suspension, and iv never heard anything bad about these. so i think its safe to assume that their service will be just as good as their product
Turnaround- because there is no specific valving, and you do all the fine tuning of these shocks, these can be at your door as fast as the UPS man can bring them!
Appeal- the look and technology of these products is outstanding. this could very well be the future of ATV suspension as we know. multi spring rates and the valving methods for regular shocks date back to the '20s. its time for change! and Fox is just the company to do this  Look for a few more bikes next season to be running the Evol shocks.

Ohlins
Features- made in Sweeden!, years of shock experince, dual or single rate springs, high quality components
Price- $750-$1150
Customer Service- Ohlins now has a handfull of distributers and small manufacturing plants here in the US. although you wont be directly connected with their facilites in Sweeden, your shocks will be tuned and refined in the US. not many people riding on Ohlins since the 250r days, Dunk is the only one i can think of off hand.
Turnaround- usually fast, taking with in 2-4 weeks
Appeal- Ohlins hasent changed their look in a long time. and why should they? the gold anodized rezzies and intense yellow springs make them look race ready, and they are.

Motowoz
Features- new single Titanium Spring, large lines to rezzies for maximum fluid flow, advanced CAD designed VSV valving, "tripple" seal system.
Price- $1070-$1750
Customer Service- Motowoz has an awsome valving program with lots of new technology in the shocks. im sure they will help you out with all of your suspension needs
Turnaround- Sadly i cant answer this question, because i havent talked or seen anybody run these shocks  . im sure we will be seeing more of these as the company slowly rebuilds its self.
Appeal- another awsome looking shock. one with looks as good as performance. Motowoz is now offering a lineup of a-arms (standard and long travel) as well. these are sure to please even the most critical rider.

Works
Adjustments- Preload, compression (H/L), rebound
Features- ZPS,new 5/8" shafts, checkball valving, Black Widow,"G" Series, Pro Series, and A-T Series to match any riding style
Price- $320-$1050
Customer Service- good customer service with a revalve opperation if your not satisfied with your shocks the first time around.
Turnaround- quick times using a large manufacturing facility. usually 1-2 weeks
Appeal- their new designs are like nothing we've seen from Works. a new dual line rezzie and also the Black Widow series. in addition are the gold anodized rezzies, black bodies and red, black and white springs.

Progressive
Adjustments- preload, compression (H/L), rebound
Features- new "6th-sence" valving technology, Control Valve Technology, position sensitive damping control. very advanced technology. Five controls independently adjust bottom out resistance, low speed compression, high speed compression, rebound, and preload.
Price- $alot$, havent seen a price yet, but im sure its not going to be cheap!
Customer Service- because these shocks are soo adjustable, they dont need to be revalved. thus, almost eliminating Customer Service. but PS has been around for a good number of years and would help you out in geting a great set of shocks
Turnaround- since they have no specific valving (at least to my knowledge) they could simply be shipped directly to you.
Appeal- perhaps the best looking out of our line up. large piggyback rezzies which get their fluid from dual compression adjustments look trick. deffinently should not pass these up on your search for a better suspension!

2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2006, 03:44:09 PM »

Which give more travel.........

Laeger's VS. Rated X

Wannagofaster

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2006, 04:07:31 PM »

Stadiums are probably the best Shocks out... Wink

People haven't seen them out yet so they have to get popular first then everybody will have them Wink

Just like the MAVERICK said....

I don't think i would go that far.
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »

actually most of the top pros in canada run them. they sold more shocks than elka last year. Shocked i think if you give it a couple more months you will here lots of thing about stadium. Wink oh and there have been many pros that tried them (in america) that liked them i cant tell you who but they switched to another company because they where giving out a bigger pay check. Huh

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com