Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Port Riders beware  (Read 7749 times)
justkickinback

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2006, 06:05:10 PM »

Rumor has it as of this weekend (1-13-06) North Port Police are back on the hunt.... I heard from a city officer that they are going to be prosecuting people riding or camping in North Port.   Their back.... Angry

300ex
350 rancher
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:08:46 PM »

I know 3 people that got tickets on Sun. Sad

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
qt314nfla

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 09:30:58 PM »

Can't mess w/ me..... like I said in another post.  I have friends in low places.  They'll be getting a law suit from an owner if they decide to ticket me for camping.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 09:32:37 PM »

damnit. not again. i hate this. i'm thinking of selling my bike now. this is the only place i can ride every weekend. is it just this weekend? thanks for the warning
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »

Can't mess w/ me..... like I said in another post.  I have friends in low places.  They'll be getting a law suit from an owner if they decide to ticket me for camping.

yeah but as soon as you leave your friends land they'll get you
npkodiak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 06:00:24 PM »

Just park somewhere off the beaten path. North Port is huge and there is no way they can patrol the whole area. I ride there every weekend and just make sure I stay away from the groups of people and the idiots riding up and down the streets. I live a few miles away from Yorksire and take back roads out to the trails.
justkickinback

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »

I heard from a NPPO that its going to be for a while... They are trying to crack down....but i don't know how they can when there is only certain areas that have no trespassing?....

300ex
350 rancher
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 12:58:54 AM »

any cops today? Anyone ticketed?
qt314nfla

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »

No one in our group was bothered.  But then again our group doesn't ride on the roads and follows the laws including staying off land we aren't supposed to be on.

I did see NPPD out at one of the holes after we left.  I was on the highway and there were about 12 cars out there.  And for good reason!  The place was more packed than I've ever seen it.  There were tons of idiots riding and doing wheelies down the streets.  I had never seen so many ppl riding the streets it was amazing and stupid.

We had a great weekend out there though.
nokfire3

keep the girls home its time to ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 03:09:57 PM »

stay out north port cops are turning people away at the over pass to I,75  Angry : but we went to the yucapan it was a good day no cops  Tongue

support your local fire dept start a fire
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 06:19:08 PM »

stay out north port cops are turning people away at the over pass to I,75  Angry : but we went to the yucapan it was a good day no cops  Tongue

I'll be waiting to hear from friends how NP was this weekend.  Like I said earlier though.  They have no rights to turn some of us away.  We have permission from a property owner to be out there. 

Becareful at yucapan.  I was told that they have contracted with several towing companies and as soon as you unload and leave they hook up your car, tow it and impound it.

Please post if you went to NP this weekend and let us know what happened.
Sarasota EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 06:40:30 PM »

I was there saturday afternoon at the powerlines there was a cop,but we drove past him and rode till dark with out any problems.
jetski dawg

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 08:56:09 PM »

was there sat. from@10am till 4pm..no PD in site. ran the whole outer trails by the canals and seen a few people camping and riding.. was pretty quiet compared to the weekend before..but i did almost ran into some A hole with my truck and trailer, that came outta the woods and crossed the road without even looking!! thank god i didnt hit him.we both left skid marks, but his was in his drawers
atvirule

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 02:54:52 PM »

I was out there Saturday the 21st from noon till about 6:00 and didn't have any issues with cops, I was also out there the saturday before that and didn't have any issues. A guy I was riding with was stopped and said stay away from the street but he was just sitting on the side waiting for more people to show up. I think the cops go out there more on Sunday because it is so packed. I have been trying to go every weekend and haven't had an issue but I also stay on the trails and away from the roads except when I have to cross one.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »

I was out there Saturday the 21st from noon till about 6:00 and didn't have any issues with cops, I was also out there the saturday before that and didn't have any issues. A guy I was riding with was stopped and said stay away from the street but he was just sitting on the side waiting for more people to show up. I think the cops go out there more on Sunday because it is so packed. I have been trying to go every weekend and haven't had an issue but I also stay on the trails and away from the roads except when I have to cross one.

Your best bet is to get off the bike and push it across the street sections when going from trail to trail!
WeLuv2Ride

Zoom Zooooom!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 04:59:05 PM »

We've  gone out there the last 4 weekends in a row. No problems. IT'S THE PEOPLE RIDING ON THE STREETS THAT IS ATTRACTING ATTENTION from the NPPD.

I'll be waiting to hear from friends how NP was this weekend.  Like I said earlier though.  They have no rights to turn some of us away.  We have permission from a property owner to be out there. 

Becareful at yucapan.  I was told that they have contracted with several towing companies and as soon as you unload and leave they hook up your car, tow it and impound it.

Please post if you went to NP this weekend and let us know what happened.

'98 Yamaha Warrior
'05 Raptor 350
'03 Kawasaki Prairie
Eton Rascal
Suzuki LT-80
Brians06grizz

Git-r-Dun!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 06:02:48 PM »

Is this the place you can see from I-75?Some where near river road.Been down that way a few times and seen people riding,but never stopped,was always in a hurry.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 06:08:54 PM by Brians06grizz » Logged

2001 F150 4x4 XLT Ext cab Stepside.
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80 FOR SALE!

1979 CJ5 SOA Lift,6cyl-T18 4 speed with granny.Offhouser intake with Edelbrock carb
35x12.50x15 Wild Country's
qt314nfla

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 06:38:55 PM »

That's the place.
Brians06grizz

Git-r-Dun!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 07:07:07 PM »

Thanks QT314Nfla!!People i know rode down there New Years day and they said they had alot of fun there.They  invited us down on one saturday coming up,and i told them i heard cops run you off or give you tickets.So no use taking a chance on any of that .Thanks again!!

2001 F150 4x4 XLT Ext cab Stepside.
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80 FOR SALE!

1979 CJ5 SOA Lift,6cyl-T18 4 speed with granny.Offhouser intake with Edelbrock carb
35x12.50x15 Wild Country's
muddinit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 07:51:38 PM »

New to site but old to subject. Working with national organization to save this place. I am 4 for 6 nationwide with this group. Honestly, looks like 4 for 7 on this one but we are throwing it in to the dogs. Please people, dont get stupid on us. We cant win if we become our own worst enemy. More info coming Friday as I meet them that morning to show them the area. Showed them Yucapan today. No hope of getting that place legal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com