Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on purchasing a used quad?  (Read 1619 times)
dhutt

When the tail gate drops ....The bullsh!t stops

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:23:52 PM »

I've been looking around through the forums at prices for used quads the past 2 months to get an idea on how much used quads have been going for. I have also noticed in some of the adds there have been questions asked about titles and sometime there isn't one available. I saw that there is a vin search link on the web site but was wondering how effective it is? If I see  that it has a clear title and I purchase it, what can I get from the seller that shows that I am the rightful owner. Or if I can't get anything from the owner is there anyway to obtain a title? This isn't the first atv that I own but the one I own know came from a family member.These might seem like stupid questions but that is just too much money too loose.Thanks for the input , the more the better. Thank you

2001 Honda 400ex
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:44:27 PM »

i have had  that dilema with my bikes as well. i could tell you this, anything manufactured after july 2002 and sold in florida has to have atitle. i own a 1998 and a 2001 warrior and they both have titles. i just purchased my son a 2003 z400 and it has a title as well. many sellers will tell ya that these bikes arent titled but i would steer clear of those. if its one that you really like aske the seller to go with you to the dmv and  register/title  it with you before payment. 

have patience and protect your investment. the link worked for me. i ran a search on a bike i was interested in and it came back with a lien from the bank.

buyer beware!

gery350.
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:10:11 AM »

Desire can be your best friend and your worst enemy. It can blind you into making a foolish mistake even though it is for the right cause.  Luckily you were born with a brain.  You brain is particularly correct in making you ask these questions...........I can tell you this.........the motto I swear by................."If there is any doubt, there is no doubt."  That little phrase has kept me out of more hot aqua than I care to think about.  Ergo, if your even slightly hesitant about buying a bike for some reason........don't buy it.  You have that hesitation for a reason.  Get the title or registration........if the guy really wants to sell he'll do it.

Good Luck!

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »

I know you can get quads at good prices between 1000 up to 5000.
And depending on what year it is.Don't go with a quad is over 8years old.

And check on kelly blue books and nada guides
and sometimes people like to rip you off for price.If it's older model
then if was high prices your paiding mods or it can be rip off deal.

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com