Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: carb help on jr50  (Read 3378 times)
johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:13:51 PM »

It is a jr50 but carb problems are similar in any size.I let it soak in carb 2 weeks and scrubed it with a tooth brush.It fired up and I have it idleing.It will go full throttle but at 1/4 throttle bogs.The one time I moved the float it was overflowing but it seemed to make the 1/4 bog away.I've moved the float to where it gets no gas to full flooding the carb.The bike is old 89 but she whants to run.I have the float now at level with the gasket.Looked all over and can't find the height.Any help would be great.I've cleaned the carb 3 times,purple power,carb cleaner,airhose ext.
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »

Does it idle? Sounds like either the float is sticking or your idle speed jet is too big causing the bog. Try to lean it out using the a/f screw. It should be right behind the slide on the air box side of the carb. What's the plug look like?  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »

The choke was removed you can still move the rod.It idles the a/f I tune but the fine tune screw next to it doesn't make a change I can take it all the way out.Now thats not the a/f screw.It is getting fuel into the bowl.New plug
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 05:38:04 PM by johnyfz450 » Logged
johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »

new plug
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 09:15:50 AM »

The choke was removed you can still move the rod.It idles the a/f I tune but the fine tune screw next to it doesn't make a change I can take it all the way out.Now thats not the a/f screw.It is getting fuel into the bowl.New plug

It's gotta be related to the choke. It's getting fed too much fuel. This is for a 2 stroke right? Did you just soak the whole carb in cleaner or did you  actually take it apart then soak it while in pieces? If it runs great at WOT but crap on the low end that's too much fuel. If it was lean on the low end your rpms would hang for a second then go down.  Try either putting the choke back on or run a smaller idle jet.   -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com