Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts and Prayers For Moose  (Read 35692 times)
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 09:35:49 PM »

I'm up for a drive.

but I'm no good at coordinating stuff like that,,probably just go and visit.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 09:41:33 PM »

Everyone keep there thoughts and prayers for Moose he had an accident yesterday out trail riding and the quad ended up on top of him. Scrub brothers  and Da_Mtg_Man got him tot he hospital. He is in the hospital until at least Tuesday, 5 broken ribs, broken collar bone and a contusion on the lung.

Also THANKS QT for taking your truck out their to get Moose back to camp in moderate comfort, without to much pain that a Quad would have caused.   Friends are more important than anything else!!!!  Sorry about the scratches in the truck, I'll help you get them out.

MOOSE,  I just met you Friday night, it was a pleasure you and your son are good people, get well and lets RIDE!!!!

Freakk
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 09:50:54 PM by MuddFreak77 » Logged

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
qt314nfla

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 09:42:33 PM »

Well if you want to visit and have a paypal account I'll pm you money tonight for a gift card and what not.  All you have to do is call a florist and get them to make up a basket.  Or I can go ahead and get it sent.

No prob Freak.  Anything I can do to help.  Thanks for your offer to help me get the truck worked out.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 10:24:54 PM »

damn. sure sounds painful.

well thank god he'll be alright.

prayers go out to ya.

get well soon.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2006, 02:54:02 AM »

Let him know our thoughts and prayers are with him. God Speed for a quick recovery brother!

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 06:42:30 AM »

There were a bunch of us out at our camp this weekend in Lake Wales. Moose was on a trail ride with a few people and was going around someone that was in the road, He put his right tires on a =n 8 inch dirt ledge and something caoght his tire and snatched the bars out of his hands. It threw him from the bike. He says he was going about 15 mph.
He has 5 broken ribs,a broken color bone that is seperated so it may require surgery and he has a contusion on his lung.
My wife and I just walked in from the hospital and getting his quads and truck situated.
He's in Lake Wales Hospital in room 229. Give him a call and cheer him up.

Big thanks to evryone that helped him and a big thanks to QT and BBF for flying back to camp and getting the truck. Also the scrub bros for getting him to the hospital.

Thanks for the heads up I will call him , Praying for ya Moose.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 07:03:07 AM »

The name of the hospital is Lake Wales medical center and the number is
863-676-1433
My brother works for Florida Power in Lake Wales, Since Bruce is retired from Fl. Power My brother is going to have some of the guys from his yard to go visit Bruce.It sucks that he's so far away,We can't just drive down and see him.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2006, 08:06:24 AM »

Moose is a good guy. We have camp next to and road with him and little moose twice.

If some one is taking up a kitty for flowers or beef jerky Smiley. Please post. We can put in a few bucks via paypal.

Get well soon Moose.

Mario (Mars) and family

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
raptor426

Its 5'oclock somewhere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 08:07:23 AM »

Get well soon Moose, about a year ago, one of my friends flip his quad climbing a hill in ONF and it rolled right over him and folded him in half and broke his back.  After a whole year, he is just now almost completely recovered.

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2006, 09:00:05 AM »

Get Well soon

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »

I talked to Bruce and his nurse and there is talk of him being released today which isn't a good thing. He lives alone in Crystal River and can't even hardly talk (due to the broken ribs) much less get out of bed and take care of himself. I am on stand by to drive back over to Lake Wales and pick him up.
QT is working with a florist to get him a care package with Balloons,cookies and so forth before he leaves the hospital. I will get QT's paypal for anyone that wants to pitch in a couple bucks for the arrangement. Will keep eveyone informed.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2006, 09:59:50 AM »

Moose get well soon bud my prayers go out to you.
if any help is needed let me know my family would love to help.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »

I talked to Bruce and his nurse and there is talk of him being released today which isn't a good thing. He lives alone in Crystal River and can't even hardly talk (due to the broken ribs) much less get out of bed and take care of himself. I am on stand by to drive back over to Lake Wales and pick him up.
QT is working with a florist to get him a care package with Balloons,cookies and so forth before he leaves the hospital. I will get QT's paypal for anyone that wants to pitch in a couple bucks for the arrangement. Will keep eveyone informed.

QT'S paypal is dr-birks@suncoastchiro.com

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »

This is Jen (Mike's wife)
Mike just left to get Bruce. He did not feel confident in the Doctors and asked Mike to come get him and take him to Bayfront Medical here in St Pete. This way he can see his regular doctor and his family will be close by. They have not put him in any kind of brace and said he could go home. He is still in tremendous pain and does not feel that he should be home in this condition. We will post info as soon as we know what is going on. 

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »

That's terrible that he wrecked.  Cry He will be in my prayers.

I can't believe they are sending him home in that condition!  Sad
Glad to here he is going to get the care he deserves. Please post updates info with his location.
Brute Force

Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

Hope you get well soon Moose.

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2006, 01:14:18 PM »

Moose,

If you need anything feel free to ask, I'm only about 2 hrs south of St. Pete.   

Jen & Mike,

Thank You!!!!!  If Moose or little Moose need anything let me know, I'll do my best.  I think you still have my number, if not PM me.

Freakk
Carl

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2006, 01:58:01 PM »

glad I didn't take a drive then, docs may have gone to school for a while and done some major training,,,but dang, if he can hardly talk,,,he needs some help.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2006, 02:11:47 PM »

Mike & Jenn

Even though me and Renmus are on the east coast let us know if anything we can do!! Grin Grin
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »

Hey Bruce-   Hope you get well soon! If I can do anything to help from here, just say the word!

Jen- Thanks for the update. You guys have my number if I can help in any way. And thanks for all you & mike as well as the 05Greengrizz crew did this weekend. You are all a special group of folks.

Bart

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2006, 02:17:17 PM »

WHOOPS... What I meant was, even though I live over here on the east coast, let me know if there's anything I can do, and I'll do it! Didn't meen it to sound like.,.. oh never mind. Bruce, you get the point!

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2006, 02:38:12 PM »

I am only 30 minutes away from Bayfront, let me know if anything is needed. We are praying for you brother.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
qt314nfla

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2006, 03:24:13 PM »

I'm only 30 minutes from Bayfront myself.  If anyone from Sarasota area decides to go over let me know maybe we could go together.  I wish you better luck at Bayfront Bruce.
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

Ok, Bruce is at Bayfront medical center but is still waiting in the ER to be submitted. He looks funny because he's still filthy from riding this weekend, He wore the hospital gown with a pair of work boots when we left the hospital. The funny part is that as we walked out the front door his a$$ was hanging out the back of the gown.  Of course I didn't tell him though.  Grin

I will check in on him in a little bit when I get back from Cubscouts.

By the way, He got the package that QT had delivered and it was really cool. It was loaded with chocolates a dirt wheels magazine and a bunch of balloons.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2006, 06:33:11 PM »

Oh no.... I just read this Post!!! Bruce you are in our prayers.                                       LORD PLease watch over our friend Bruce, as it is through the stripes of your Son Jesus Christ that we are healed... We pray that you bless Bruce and his family with a full and rapid recovery, We pray that you get him in the hands of the people you have blessed with the skills to heal him. We pray for this in your Glory Lord in Jesus name AMEN.

We are here for you no matter what it is or what you need. Mike Let us know what we can do. Cry

Brian can stay with us if he wants, well take good care of him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 06:44:21 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com