Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My ATV is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT THEY FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 28948 times)
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »

I won't apologize for my comments about buying stolen ATVs, unless you can explain to me why you wouldn't verify the ID of the seller and ensure that it matches the name on the title? Those of you out there who haven't bothered to comply with that law requiring you to title your ATV, aren't helping reduce the market for stolen ATVs, either. And, where does the money come from to keep that database of VIN #s, etc. so that your stolen ATV can be tracked, possibly recovered and returned to the rightful owner? Does it come from those who won't title their ATVs? You wanna play, you gotta pay!

Not all quads have titles. You just had to start titleing them a few years back. My brother has a 1996 that he purchased new and the dealership never applied for a title and he said he never got one for it. All he has is the paperwork where he purchased it. I purchased a used 2000 model and it even had a lien on it at the credit union and there was never a title from Tallahassee. I have the original MSO from the factory on that one. So depending on the age of them may depend on if it even has a title or not.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

Man this week has been crazy

Wednesday: My Blaster was STOLEN
Saturday: I got my Blaster back in the same condition they stole it as (perfect) they didn't even take the stickers off or anything. (dumbasses!!!!!!!!)

Oh yea the guy that stole it is in jail for: Grand Theft & Possesion of a STOLEN vehicle

Guess how they caught him???
He was pushing it down the street because he ran out of gas and the police saw him and BBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM he got  F ed!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I am lucky. I was praying to get it back.

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2006, 09:46:31 PM »

First, I'm glad it worked-out for you without you getting killed or injured over a material object. Secondly, while I can understand the ethnic emotions used to described the alleged thief, I trust some of my ethnic riding buddies more than those self-proclaimed "good" old boys who must hate to live with themsleves and this thread shouldn't be hijacked by that nonsense. Third, "the Miami-Dade police made an arrest. I hope it was the guy who stole it and not some innocent kid that just bought it for like 500 bucks". BS! If you buy a stolen bike, you should go to jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 IAM COMFUSED WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALEGED??? HE WATCH THE MAN STEAL HIS BIKE!1, AND 2 IF ITS A DESCRIPTION OF THE <ALEGED> THEIF THEN ITS NOT RACIAL YOU STEAL FROM ME OR MINE. AND YOUR WHITE/BLACK/HISPANIC OR ASIAN THEN THEY ALL BLEED RED.IAM FED YUP WITH ALL THIS BS.THERE IS NO LAW SAYING YOU HAVE TO TITLE ALL BIKES! I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LOCK MY DOORS OR CHAIN MY BIKES. IF IT DONT BELONG TO YOU AND YOU TAKE IT ITS STEALING.PERIOD! IAM NOT WRONG THEY ARE!! 2RULES I HAVE IS 2 IN THE CHEST AND 1 IN THE HEAD AND ID RATHER BE TRIED BY 12 THEN CARRIED BY 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARNY SAID IF IT BLEED THEN WE CAN KILL IT!!

JAKE BLUES!
aftrmath99

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2006, 09:51:04 PM »

glad you found ur quad  most people dont  i caught a guy stealing one of our bikes redhanded out of our garage  i chased him down and pistolwhipped him  the cops showed up three hours later  i also have an untitled 4 wheeler  i ran the vin  its not stolen  i cant get a title but i listed it on my homeowners insuranse just in case
aftrmath99

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2006, 09:52:23 PM »

oh ya  THE GUY WAS WHITE!!!
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2006, 09:53:28 PM »

glad you found ur quad  most people dont  i caught a guy stealing one of our bikes redhanded out of our garage  i chased him down and pistolwhipped him  the cops showed up three hours later  i also have an untitled 4 wheeler  i ran the vin  its not stolen  i cant get a title but i listed it on my homeowners insuranse just in case

Dude thats awsome!
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2006, 10:01:23 PM »

sorry bro i didn't mean that i know people like that, i just heard of bad things that all, i don't know them like friends i just heard of them. and congadulations that u found your quad , u must feel so much better!!!

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

Saturday: I got my Blaster back in the same condition they stole it as (perfect) they didn't even take the stickers off or anything. (dumbasses!!!!!!!!)

Oh yea the guy that stole it is in jail for: Grand Theft & Possesion of a STOLEN vehicle

He was pushing it down the street because he ran out of gas and the police saw him and BBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM he got  F ed!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dummy. Glad to hear you got it back.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2006, 11:31:52 AM »

I agree that most people will not verify the ID of a potential buyer before letting them test ride. Perhaps they should print this story and keep it to remind them.

Someone caught with stolen property is guilty only of possession of stolen property. This POS has yet to be convicted of possession and yet to be convicted of grand theft, hence the term alleged thief.

The law says, "all off-highway vehicles purchased after the effective date of the "Florida Off-Highway Vehicle Titling Act" (July 1, 2002) and all off-highway vehicles operated on public lands be titled to allow for easy determination of ownership". You can help by titling yours or you can just to continue whine about thieves!

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/atv_instruct1.htm
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 11:35:11 AM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2006, 04:37:23 PM »

I'm glad you got the quad back Grin Cool Approve Thumbs Up Jester Toast.I told you The guy got his payback so far.

I hope it's the right guy they cought him.  Smiley

If i was you change your  home phone so if guy gets out of jail
then he won't track you down. Smiley

At least you can sell your quad don't listen people
from afica they like scam you for fake money.It almost happen
to my dad once while back during two year ago
when he was selling his 56kw genrator on traderonline.com
and he send fedx cash in mail
with money order and we told post man
 it was nigaer scam from afica.
But the guy act like he was from candan
and when we use the *69 it was from nigear afica.
I told my dad it was nigear scam and I told
him why and I told him about answer machine
and the guy don't even sound like french candian
sound and it sound like black guy on answer.
I told my dad i saw ep of nigear scam on tv one
day and i told what they do and they try buy all
these items from usa and screw around with people
with a fake  bank account and fake money order
and when they have you bank account number
where you wire it and then they will start taking
all money out each month.

I'm happy you got your quad Smiley ..

thanks,
amhighlander  Cool

wow.

was that post for real?

Yes,   Wink

At least something good came out it. Smiley

Approve

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2006, 04:48:04 PM »

At least they found him.It must been your luckey day on that one.
 Smiley

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2006, 05:27:54 PM »

I agree that most people will not verify the ID of a potential buyer before letting them test ride. Perhaps they should print this story and keep it to remind them.

Someone caught with stolen property is guilty only of possession of stolen property. This POS has yet to be convicted of possession and yet to be convicted of grand theft, hence the term alleged thief.

The law says, "all off-highway vehicles purchased after the effective date of the "Florida Off-Highway Vehicle Titling Act" (July 1, 2002) and all off-highway vehicles operated on public lands be titled to allow for easy determination of ownership". You can help by titling yours or you can just to continue whine about thieves!

and oj was inocent??!!!!
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2006, 06:35:17 PM »

That would be correct but any OHV purchased before July 01, 2002 was not registered unless the owners rode at a place like croom so there are many quads out there without titles.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2006, 06:56:29 PM »

A man trying to steal my quad would have to be an A-AA rider to get away from me.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »

listen i past up a couple nice z400's when i was lookin for one for jesse. you dont know how many sellers told me "ohv and dirt bikes dont have titles-a bill of sale will suffice(said arrogantly). i tried to explain the 2002 law and since z400s started in 2003 they had to be titled, they respondd as if i were crazy.
well i almost bought one with a bill of sale only. i asked the guy for the vin number and when i ran it through the link on the for sale section it had a lien with a bank. well i told the seller and hes like "oh yeah i still owe 2,200.00 on it. so i told him no thanks. in his defense he says he went to pay it off and was waiting foe the title. i would have bought it but found one local.

ps. thanks mr bones for the link to the title search. i would have bought a bike that would have belonged to the bank and not me.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2006, 07:43:20 AM »

What if that person who got ,"caught" bought it from someone and he has a bill-of-sale? Is he still the thief were all asking for? So, what happens if you buy one of those bikes without a title? How can you positively ID the seller as the free and clear owner? Then, what happens if the seller reports it stolen?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com