Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could anyone help this guy out?  (Read 12993 times)
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:53:04 PM »

Hey all,

Theres this guy who i meet through a forum for riding in new jersey, he just moved to panama florida and is going through a rough time. He has an adopted soon who is ten years old. he adopted him when he was six years old. This father and son were into riding but he recently became out of work and the son told him to sell the bikes. anyway does anyone have a free bike that they could donate to a good cause? Or does anyone know where they could find a cylinder for a suzuki 80 1985 for little or no cost. I fell really bad for this guy and his son. the son hasn't seen his sister for 4 years and misses her a lot so i'd like to chear him up.
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 01:18:46 PM »

Hey, get me this guys address and I'll send him the classified ads. Tell him to get a job and quit begging online.  Cry Cry Cry
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »

Hey, get me this guys address and I'll send him the classified ads. Tell him to get a job and quit begging online.  Cry Cry Cry

thats really crappy to say. he works but the construction business is slow and hes having a hard time. everyone has hard times.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »

I personally dont have anything but i will keep a look out for something that might help.
And brother i hope your attitude changes because you could be in this situation one day and may need to ask for help yourself. We all hit hard times occassionally and its nice to know there are people like njoutlaw and others on this forum who are willing to lend a helping hand.

Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 01:47:08 PM »

I don't have an LT80 cylinder, but I do hav a new piston and gaskets for 1 if that helps .
flmedic911

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 02:28:45 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, get me this guys address and I'll send him the classified ads. Tell him to get a job and quit begging online.   

Man...... what an insensitive thing to say to someone.  I will not say what I want to right now.......JERK OFF!!!!!! Cursing

Whew.....I feel better. Boxer

I sure wish I had the part he needed, I would donate it to him in a minute.  Sorry for the A***oles raining on your thread!!!!

FLMEDIC911
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:30:16 PM by flmedic911 » Logged
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 03:18:36 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, get me this guys address and I'll send him the classified ads. Tell him to get a job and quit begging online.   

Man...... what an insensitive thing to say to someone.  I will not say what I want to right now.......JERK OFF!!!!!! Cursing

Whew.....I feel better. Boxer

I sure wish I had the part he needed, I would donate it to him in a minute.  Sorry for the A***oles raining on your thread!!!!

FLMEDIC911

thank you, This kid he adopted is such a good kid. he told his dad to sell there working dirt bikes because they ran out of money. the kid also says that his dad saved him from his original family. i fell so bad because they cant afford a ticket to see his sister in colordo so i thought if he got the part for his bike it might make him fell better.
aftrmath99

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »

this is the guy that this post is about  thank you for your kindness and concern  i was not begging but simply was talking in another forum to the guy who started this post  he was nice enough to try to help he is a nice guy!! i am employed for your info (thats to the jerk) i simply fell on hard times construction here halted two weeks before xmas and hasnt started back up yet my addopted son was nice enough to sell his two brand new bikes to help us pay our bills during these hard times  he is 10 and has a heart of gold. i didnt have any choice but to sell what we had to live.i bought him a used 1985 ds 80  suzuki and ordered a new cylinder and piston and rings but they were lost in shipping.then i got him a used warrior 350 and ordered all new parts for it. they sent all the wrong parts! i shipped them back and tried to get our money back but they are out of business!! showtime motorsports in edinboro pa. their phone is now disconected. we have had no luck.i was simply trying to get my kid back into riding.not beg to anyone.i addopted him 4 yrs ago and he started riding with me right away.so im simply looking for a cylinder and piston and rings for his ds 80. not beg  i will purchase them.i just cant find any. i found some through bikeboneyard but they got lost in shipping and he didnt have another one. thanks  any help will do and thanks again to the guy who origionally posted this  ur a great person!!
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »

Hey AftrMath,

I got three kids......and I gotta tell you brother that the truth is the things kids remmeber most about their parents aren't things.

You may find that just spending time with your adopted son will more than make up for him not being able to ride.

Do break your back trying to get the right part.  I don't know how old he is.  But my oldest boy cares more about helping me work on the bike than riding it.

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
Brute Force

Dont sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 04:15:46 PM »

If interested I may be able to donate a quad. Not sure what year it is but I do know its a yamaha and I think it's like 200cc. The bike needs brakes along with rings if I rember correctly. I would say its something like a blaster.

I'm in volusia county by Deltona/Daytona. Send me a PM if interested and we can exchange #'s to discuss further.

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »

i feel for ya. all we want to do is doright for our kids.
its hard cause you want to give them the world cause you know they deserve it. i know in faith that all will turn out ok.

ps. we all need a little help sometime............

i'm in miami, if you need any car advice or help, look me up.
flmedic911

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 05:59:37 PM »

Dearest Weekendwarrior:

I will use small words, and go slow for you. 
1.  You never saw the word bastard in my thread. 
2.  If I had the extra money, I WOULD buy the part, but I am a middleclass dude like almost eveyone else, and yes money gets tight for me too.(Just had Christmas..got two kids, etc.)
3.  speaking of noble, it REALLY would have been noble, not to say such things that may hurt someones feelings...such as your complete first reply on this thread.
4.  You must have used hooked on phonics, because you mis-spelled the following words in your last reply: "realy"--how about "really"   " by the part"--how about "BUY", "every body is ONE WORD!!!!!!!!!!
5.  Besides that, have a nice day...If you get your feelings hurt that easy...be careful of what you post.......... Cry Cry Cry

PS-Lets be friends!!!  LOL!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

FLMEDIC911
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 06:02:04 PM »

Dearest Weekendwarrior:

I will use small words, and go slow for you. 
1.  You never saw the word bastard in my thread. 
2.  If I had the extra money, I WOULD buy the part, but I am a middleclass dude like almost eveyone else, and yes money gets tight for me too.(Just had Christmas..got two kids, etc.)
3.  speaking of noble, it REALLY would have been noble, not to say such things that may hurt someones feelings...such as your complete first reply on this thread.
4.  You must have used hooked on phonics, because you mis-spelled the following words in your last reply: "realy"--how about "really"   " by the part"--how about "BUY", "every body is ONE WORD!!!!!!!!!!
5.  Besides that, have a nice day...If you get your feelings hurt that easy...be careful of what you post.......... Cry Cry Cry

PS-Lets be friends!!!  LOL!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

FLMEDIC911

Be careful FLMEDIC, he is a warrior LOL. I have to agree with everything you have said FLMEDIC
flmedic911

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »

Thanks.  Not trying to get crazy on the board.

Anyway.......Im ready to play nice and be friends.  what do you say warrior?

FLMEDIC911 Grin Wink Cool
aftrmath99

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »

WOW i didnt mean to start a war Cry!!! i was just askin for some help. i figured thats what the forums are for. i help all the kids in the neighborhood with their bikes and have given several old bikes away to friends (wish i had one now lol) but even though some people have no heart, there are people that do  and i understand the post about spending time building a bike with my kid  we are always busy workin on something Grin he is a VERY handson kid  sometimes more than i need lol but, im not a &^%$&% beggar ! i just thought that i could get some help either locating the parts for his broken bike   CHILL OUT 
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 07:13:45 PM »

This pertains to all you who are patting yourselves on the back right now because you posted that you "wish you could help". Not one of you have stepped up with what the guy needs. You talk a good game but what are you really doing to help. You say I'm insensitive and a jerk-off but atleast I really help people. I help people who are hungry. People who are cold. People who really are in need. This sport is a luxary not a right or a need. Therefore, I can find lots of other people to feel sorry for.
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 07:22:04 PM »

Then DON`t HIGH JACK someone elses thread.
This man was trying to help someone how he thought it would do best, and you come along and start throwing names out.

If you don`t want to help or don`t like it don`t reply.

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 07:32:07 PM »

IF ANYONE HAS A USED CYLINDER LET ME KNOW ILL BUY IT FOR HIM

AND IF SOME SCHMUCKS ON THIS SITE DONT LIKE IT THEY CAN KISS MY
   BUTT!!!!!!!!

IAM THE BLUESMAN
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

If anyone hijacked this thread it 's everyone that's flaming at me. I merely offered my brand of help. Take it, leave it, or get over it!
jaxdawg

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 07:42:49 PM »

IF ANYONE HAS A USED CYLINDER LET ME KNOW ILL BUY IT FOR HIM

AND IF SOME SCHMUCKS ON THIS SITE DONT LIKE IT THEY CAN KISS MY
   BUTT!!!!!!!!

IAM THE BLUESMAN

i can help pay for it as well if any body finds one.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 07:52:22 PM »

Hey FLmedic911, I'm not tryin to start a flame war, but if you feel so bad and I'm such a bastard and you"realy wish you had the part", put your money where your mouth is and just by the part. Every body "wishes" they could help. As for the guy who adopted the kid, I think that's very noble now get the classified ads and get a job. I hear they have lots resteraunts in Panama City!  Kiss

dude leave this thread. everyone else has been cool. And by the way the guy is willing to pay for  it its just hard to find a part for an 85 suzuki. i posted this on the site because i figured someone might have the part or know where to get one.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 07:56:09 PM by njoutlaw230 » Logged
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 07:55:41 PM »

Try theses sites  for parts this
closest part place in southeast.And they sell
whole engines and other stuff.

It's only tifton ga a few hours away.

I used have a  30ft sailboat while back over in panama city
area in calway and it was in over by snag harbor marina.Untill i sold
it last year during spring.But I will get another boat later on down road.

Here's web site  and address phone #.
http://www.stevescyclesalvage.com

steve's cycle salvage
25 us highway 319N
Tifton ga 31794-9401

(229)386-8666

www.atvsalvage.com

atv salvage
benton ky
(270)527-3025

So I hope this will help him out
later on when he gets back on his feet again. Smiley  Wink
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 07:58:30 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
flmedic911

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »

If anyone hijacked this thread it 's everyone that's flaming at me. I merely offered my brand of help. Take it, leave it, or get over it!

Im over it.

FLMEDIC911 Cool
bigbirdh

with an atv there is no limit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »

try jacks cycle salvage in sanford i get a lot of parts from him.   By the way if anyone noes where i can find a good set of meaty tires for 6 inch rims for my boys bike tell me please     Thanks and good luck
aftrmath99

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »

im absolutely amazed!! i feel really bad for asking anyone for help and support. i dont want anything for free!! not that i wouldnt accept it but i can pay for the parts myself.and yes  riding is a luxury. its just the way my son and i bonded  some people are very generous and others feel if you ask for help you are week and worthless. i have and will continue to help anyone  anytime im able i do countless hours of free drywall and repair work on peoples cars and bikes. im not a bum and just wanted to find some freakin parts  weekend warrior is certainly a hardliner. to the point and ruthless but i understand that nowdays.everyone wants something for nothing.i simply want to fix my kids bike so we can ride and thought that a riding forum was the place to get help.if you dont like my aproach SCREW YA .and to all the people that responded in a kind way and tried to help  BLESS YA  and bless you to warrior  i think you may need it
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com