Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Cypress during January  (Read 8656 times)
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:10:41 PM »

Anyone riding Big Cypress in  January? I want to put a ride together for the weekend of the 13th, weather should be nice.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 09:24:22 AM »

i am planing on checking it out that weekend or ocala havent decided which one yet would be my first time at both. what kind of rideing you do keeter

98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
MuddingMark

Show me the mud and I'm in it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:42:07 AM »

Hey Keeter,

Would like to join join you for a camping trip or something. The weekend of Jan. 13th is the weekend that I'll be joining Wilburz up at Three Lakes WMA. But we can get together on any other weekend.

MuddingMark Cool

Now this is stress relief!
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »

Big Cypress is the type of riding I like. Long trails consisting of a little mud, a little water, a few obstacle (down trees) and a little more mud. Imagine a solid mile of straight mud. The unknown of how deep the mud is and if there a tree near by to winch out from.  When your done the exhaustion is short lived when you realize you have to go back through what you just went through to get back to your rig. This may sound sappy but when you stop to catch your breath it is taken away again by the beauty of the scenary of the preserve and the absolute peace that comes over you from the calming quiet. I could pretty much go to Big Cypress any weekend, or would consider a week day. Mark, the weekend of the 20th is fine with me. We could camp or just do it for the day. I live right off Sunrise and the Sawgrass EXPY, we can stop there on the way out. I built a TIKI bar in the back of my house called Keeters we can have a drink at.
2 rut I would still ride with you that weekend if you decide to go.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 09:54:20 PM »

well i hope to have a three day weekend unless the bossman sends me to a redrill on your side of the state.  im gunna check it out if i get my weekend. i will take all the info i can get on the place, is it possable to keep the water below the knee or am i sol? i have more fun between 1 and 5 mph in a passable hole than anything.my atv is still a 4weeler not a submrine.

05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 10:53:23 PM »

i will be heading out there with my mom once i get my learners  cuz u have to have that and take a class to ride tehre if ur 15 and we r going to get the stickers for our atvs when im taking the class
how deep is the mud and do u think a stock recon can make it out there ?

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »

2 Rut I have an 06 Polaris Sportsman 450  on stock tires and the water has never went over my headlights. Though there are areas that will. There are areas with water and areas without. Lately there has not been a lot of rain so there is more mud than water. Your Big Bear will be fine.

Rancher, your Recon should be okay. It is like Goldilocks and the three bears out there. There are trails that are too deep, to shallow and some just right. The best part is that you can ride one trail and if you do not like it there is 2 more right next to it.  Rancher, one worry though, check the width of your tires front and rear. I ran into a guy out there one day heading home because he failed inspection becasue his tire were too narrow, He had some older Honda 350's. Call the Ranger station and ask them the requirments. It may be 10 inches front and 12 rear. Not sure how they measure it though. The BC ORV site may have more info. I will check and get back to you.  Smiley

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 12:59:02 PM »

Here are the atv ORV requirments at Big Cypress

Front Tires 7” Tire Face 
Rear Tires 9” Tire face
Working white Headlight
Working Red Tail Light
Muffl er
VIN#
PROOF OF TITLE (State Law Requirement)

Hope this helps

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »

thanks my tires on my rancher r 10 all around now my rancher na d recon are not yet paid off  i dont think they gave me a title i tihnk they give it to me when i pay it off is that right or should i have it ?

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 04:43:57 PM »

When you purchased the bike the dealer gave you as part of your package a request for title. Call the place where you bought it and explain what you need. I did not have a title for mine so I called the place where I purchased my bike and they faxed it to the ranger station.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »

Keeter, we've had 2 BC permits for two years and have only ridden there twice cause nobody ever wants to go,e ven when it's dry. If you'd like mind more company'd on the 20th, let me know. I live right near you by Sawgrass Lanes/Lester's Diner.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 08:32:13 PM »

wat time friday will the permit office be open

05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
Unknownracer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 08:56:57 PM »

Here are the atv ORV requirments at Big Cypress

Front Tires 7” Tire Face 
Rear Tires 9” Tire face
Working white Headlight
Working Red Tail Light
Muffl er
VIN#
PROOF OF TITLE (State Law Requirement)

Hope this helps

I was thinking about going but I had no idea they had a tire size regulation.  Are they really strict when doing the inspection?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »

Yes, they don't go by what size is written on the tires, they actually do measure them. You should be okay, unless you have a smaller sport quad and you ain't going to be doing much riding out there with one of those, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 09:08:06 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 10:06:03 PM »

pm

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
MuddingMark

Show me the mud and I'm in it!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 07:02:03 AM »

Hey Keeter,

I'm still interested in riding. It would only be for the day, I've got a lot planned right now. This weekend I'm going up to Three Lakes WMA with Willburz.

I'll get back to you about the day. I'll try for Saturday the 21st. Let me know if that will fit your schedule.

MuddingMark Cool

PS: I don't have the gator tires yet on my ATV but it's light and I think with a little help we can get it out. Looking to put the gator tires on real soon.

Now this is stress relief!
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 02:47:30 PM »

No worries Mark, I still have stock tires on mine.  I will PM you my Nextel number. Though Nextel kinda woked out there. I will give you my pager number which for sure works out there. Look for a PM.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 03:39:05 PM »

Keeter, were planning on leaving early Friday morning the 20th.  I'll let you know what time later in the week.  You can meet us somewhere and we'll drive out together.  I think we are going to back country camp somewhere around Burn's Lake.  We will look for an area once we get there.  I'll post more about this next week.  I have to fly out of town tomorrow and I'll be back on Sunday.  Talk with you then.
Anoriginal

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 04:17:13 PM »

You guys have a good time and be careful. Nextel works pretty good until you get about 5-6 miles off of 41. There are some very nice pine islands about 2 - 3 miles in that would be good for camping. It's really drying up so getting around should be easy for you.
2 rut

simple man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 06:28:01 AM »

wont make it friday but ill b down there sat morning as soon as inspection is open on the 14th. Keeter or any body else that would like to give me a day tour sat or sun or any good gps points give me a message or call 158*17*5835

05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage
Unknownracer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »

Considering it hasn't rained in couple of days, is it still difficult to move around??  Is it some what dry??  Anyone been there lately?
Anoriginal

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 02:15:03 PM »

It's dry on the islands. The sawgrass is still very sticky and muddy. It's the kind of mud that sticks to you and your tires and wraps up on itself.  The cypress strands have water in them and some holes are very deep. Watch out for the big ruts. They will look like they are solid, but break through and you're stuck for sure.
innocent_bystander

Polaris Sportsman 500 w/ Blue Bug Lights

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »

You guys watch out for Gamer....He likes to sneek into peoples tents and cuddle without their consent  Kiss

Hope its cold out there!!!

Life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com